Heavy Play and Colonoscopies

Rosebutt

So having just turned 50, my doctor has set me up with a colonoscopy. I admit, I inwardly giggled when he mentioned being “knocked out” for the procedure as he rightly assumed that most men are horrified by the prospect of the procedure. Little does he know... 

... which leads me to my inquiry: have any of you heavy anal players had this done and was anything said about the state of your hole/rectum? I have no doubt that the doc (or tech) will notice SOMETHING... different about my hole. Just trying to anticipate the conversation. 

31 minutes ago, cuckmouse said:

Great question. I'm all ears

Considering a LOT of folks have glanced at this thread but not commented, I’m not expecting a lot of feedback.

I think it's safe to say they will notice...Cant speak from experience but friend of mine had one and the doctor had all the student nurses with him haha. He's not a player and was rather embarrassed 

2 minutes ago, Darthvin said:

I think it's safe to say they will notice...Cant speak from experience but friend of mine had one and the doctor had all the student nurses with him haha. He's not a player and was rather embarrassed 

If he wasn’t a player, what made the doc do that? Seems... unprofessional.

I have an CT scan Monday - I'm going to read and see if there's anything about consenting to students etc haha. I forgot to add his examination was for colitis - I remember him saying he felt violated haha (we were joking about it) but said the main thing he remembered was the heat from the torch (maybe from the colonoscopy's light or prior to that with hand torch I dont know).

Any hoo - hope you medical goes ok! 

31 minutes ago, Darthvin said:

I have an CT scan Monday - I'm going to read and see if there's anything about consenting to students etc haha. I forgot to add his examination was for colitis - I remember him saying he felt violated haha (we were joking about it) but said the main thing he remembered was the heat from the torch (maybe from the colonoscopy's light or prior to that with hand torch I dont know).

Any hoo - hope you medical goes ok! 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, imsnowman72 said:

I've had two and it wasn't mentioned in the debrief. Just the presence of or lack of polyps/problems.

I’m sure that’s how it’ll be.

unless it's the doc's first day on the job, I doubt if he or she is going to see anything not seen before.   the point is to find and head off any developing disease, not to comment on the size of your anus....  I have to think mine is larger than average and nothing was said, and if it was, that would open up a whole different professional dialog....

11 hours ago, yesplease said:

unless it's the doc's first day on the job, I doubt if he or she is going to see anything not seen before.   the point is to find and head off any developing disease, not to comment on the size of your anus....  I have to think mine is larger than average and nothing was said, and if it was, that would open up a whole different professional dialog....

Yeah, I’m sure that’s the case. Just knowing my giant anus can cause even slight reaction is pleasing to me.

I've been a heavy player for 25 years, can take two fists to the wrist and one arm to the elbow and I have had two routine screening colonoscopies, one this year and one 10 years earlier.  In both cases the doctor just told me that everything looked fine and there were no issues.  My take away is that fisting is actually healthy for your colon.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my first colonoscopy this year in february. I am pretty sure, that the doc recognized my "hard trained differences". He talked about results of the examination, but no word about my visible results of long time anal actions. If he would have asked, i would have answered undoubtly truely and transparent. It's not the job of this kind of doc to judge your behavior :-) Lovely regards.

You can tell them the area has been played with... or not.

Medical personnel see all sorts of things, believe me.

I one had a kidney stone removed surgically and, when I woke up, I could feel that my ass had been penetrated and stretched. Turns out one of the nurses had pushed on the bladder from "other side" and probably realized that she could insert more than one finger.

I could feel my butthole had been pretty much fingered by more than 2 fingers and I actually could see a bit of poop under my butt.

I personally do not care what they did, what they saw, etc...

My urologist is a female and it is true that the first time she gave me a prostate check, she marked a moment of hesitation after finding out I was a heavy player. And before entering, she was like "don't worry, I am using a lot of lube".

Seriously, do not be afraid of judgement. It is your body. It is never going to be as unhealthy a habit as doing drugs, smoking or drinking everyday.

• 5 weeks later...

Have been fisting for decades.  I am always open and straightforward about it, especially when dealing with medical issues and treating doctors.  They need to know what happens and what they need to look out for.

Story 1: First colonoscopy at 35 because my then proctologist was very aware that I fist (that's why I had the check).  As I went under, he said - it's really a waste of anaesthetic.  He doesn't need it ..
Story 2: My GP and I have a frank relationship about my fisting. I have a sigmoidoscopy every 6 months just to see all is ok. Once he said:  "It's really easy doing this with you - absolutely no hassles and everything is wide open and easy to see ... and you are always superbly prepped " 
Story 3 - Regular GP away, booked in for prostate check.  Young female Dr who started the whole "relax" prep talk.  I looked her straight in the eye and said - don't bother, you won't have any trouble with this examination.  She asked me to lie on my side, gloved and lubed and there was a definite pause of surprise. "Yes, I see.  I was told about this, but frankly didn't believe it".  We chatted for a while about it.
Story 4.  Had to have a fissure cauterised (too much embarassing blood after heavy sessions) and was in the ward for a week under observation and being fed intravenously so nothing irritated the healing.  Young Asian Dr let it subtlely be known there was some empathy to my plight.  "I know you have a regular doctor, but I think I would be able to give you a fuller and deeper examination."  We examine each other very regularly now!

By being open about it, there is no pushback.  Most of the medical staff I have dealt with are interested and sometimes the conversations are quite incredible. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.