"Straining" and "pushing" - Can you tell me the difference between these two?

ChickenWing5

Hello. I am currently working towards progressing to an external prolapse at rosebutt.

Almost every day, I have self-fisting sessions at least three times a week.

I'm not quite clear on the exact difference between "strain" and "push" in this context.

Could you help clarify the meaning for me?

I suppose one way to differentiate them for me would be that straining is a surface topical sensation that concentrates on the anal lips and veins, while pushing is a deeper, more muscular, abdominal sensation... Usually, straining doesn't necessitate any dilation work prior, while pushing requires the tissues and muscles of the guts and sphincters to be relaxed and stretched out.

16 hours ago, ChickenWing5 said:

Hello. I am currently working towards progressing to an external prolapse at rosebutt.

Almost every day, I have self-fisting sessions at least three times a week.

I'm not quite clear on the exact difference between "strain" and "push" in this context.

Could you help clarify the meaning for me?

I think if you're self-fisting, the time to push is basically against the fist. what you'll find is that you can manipulate the internal space with your hand, and what I used to do for extra depth when self-fisting is use a ball or hollow plug that fits all the way inside, and then move that around with my hand behind it. just be careful. that's not exactly recommended play.

but yeah, once you've got your fist in, use your internal muscles to push the fist out, and then push back with the fist, etc. you should be looking to feel the push coming from deep inside. this definitely helped me to develop my rose and, ultimately, my small but growing prolapse.

12 hours ago, Al3x said:

I suppose one way to differentiate them for me would be that straining is a surface topical sensation that concentrates on the anal lips and veins, while pushing is a deeper, more muscular, abdominal sensation... Usually, straining doesn't necessitate any dilation work prior, while pushing requires the tissues and muscles of the guts and sphincters to be relaxed and stretched out.

Oh! I understand better now what you're talking about. Thank you for the response. It seems like fundamentally, it's important to relax the anus before pushing.

8 hours ago, Glasg0wR0se said:

I think if you're self-fisting, the time to push is basically against the fist. what you'll find is that you can manipulate the internal space with your hand, and what I used to do for extra depth when self-fisting is use a ball or hollow plug that fits all the way inside, and then move that around with my hand behind it. just be careful. that's not exactly recommended play.

but yeah, once you've got your fist in, use your internal muscles to push the fist out, and then push back with the fist, etc. you should be looking to feel the push coming from deep inside. this definitely helped me to develop my rose and, ultimately, my small but growing prolapse.

Thank you for your kind words! I'll try as you suggested starting today. One question I have is, when using an extra plug or a ball, should you insert the plug first and then the fist? I'm worried that the plug or the ball might go too deep. What is the typical diameter of the plug used in this situation?

11 hours ago, ChickenWing5 said:

Thank you for your kind words! I'll try as you suggested starting today. One question I have is, when using an extra plug or a ball, should you insert the plug first and then the fist? I'm worried that the plug or the ball might go too deep. What is the typical diameter of the plug used in this situation?

to be honest, I don't really want to 'recommend' that anyone does this. it's quite risky. the ball I used was about 3" and the widest point of the hollow plug was about 2.5" also. the hollow plug is a MEO 24/7 Ass Grommet. I prefer this to the ball because it's got a flared base that I can hold onto and it's hollow so I can get my fingers inside it. but inserting an entire plug or a ball is quite risky. for me, I reasoned that it was a risk I was willing to take.

ElyX just had an insertion accident and has it real tough right now.
He's a "pro" and still had something go wrong.
I don't want to be the fun police, but i urge everyone to think twice before "fully" inserting anything.
(Sorry if this post is too much of a downer, but i think it's really important to remind people that accidents can happen and that the consequences can be dire.)

6 hours ago, Subwhore said:

accidents can happen and that the consequences can be dire

100%!

what I always say, whenever I post about this kind of thing, is that risk is a personal decision and I would never recommend for anybody to do this just because I said to. that would be insane. I wouldn't tell someone to grow a prolapse either, for that matter. but if someone wants to do something, I also think we have a responsibility to share both positive and negative experiences that we've all had.

22 hours ago, Subwhore said:

ElyX just had an insertion accident and has it real tough right now.
He's a "pro" and still had something go wrong.
I don't want to be the fun police, but i urge everyone to think twice before "fully" inserting anything.
(Sorry if this post is too much of a downer, but i think it's really important to remind people that accidents can happen and that the consequences can be dire.)

What a shame, I'm new to this. I worry because the day after my anal play, when I push hard in the bathroom, I see that when I throw away the rest of the lubricant and anal mucus, my toilet paper comes out with blood. I feel that this is nonsense. But I still worry because seeing the red paper with blood, that first impression is scary. I don't know if it's normal for it to bleed and decrease during the day until it disappears completely. Has it happened to someone?

3 hours ago, Emil emil said:

What a shame, I'm new to this. I worry because the day after my anal play, when I push hard in the bathroom, I see that when I throw away the rest of the lubricant and anal mucus, my toilet paper comes out with blood. I feel that this is nonsense. But I still worry because seeing the red paper with blood, that first impression is scary. I don't know if it's normal for it to bleed and decrease during the day until it disappears completely. Has it happened to someone?

Yes, it usually comes from small cuts and scrapes inflicted on the rectum and colon during play. It's not dangerous in and of itself, but it's sign to slow down a bit, take longer breaks in between play. I find that warming up properly before play, and applying a thin layer of protecting lotion (only exterior skin ofc...) after hard play also helps with healing up faster. 
You could also consider gloves and condoms, that helps a lot, it's usually just hard skin, a fingernail not properly trimmed and filed, or a speck of dirt on a toy that causes these bleeds. They can end up causing infections so they're not to be taken lightly.

You should be worried if there's persisting and increasing pain and if the blood comes out much darker red than normal, that could be a sign of a rupture or an abces and you should go to the ER. If you start getting a fever, shaking and increasing dizzyness, don't be afraid to call 911, as it can be fatal sepsis.

But don't be alarmed, sepsis is very rare. Just remeber to listen to your body. I fucking hate that saying, but it applies perfectly to these activities.

1 hour ago, ColonVoodoo said:

Yes, it usually comes from small cuts and scrapes inflicted on the rectum and colon during play. It's not dangerous in and of itself, but it's sign to slow down a bit, take longer breaks in between play. I find that warming up properly before play, and applying a thin layer of protecting lotion (only exterior skin ofc...) after hard play also helps with healing up faster. 
You could also consider gloves and condoms, that helps a lot, it's usually just hard skin, a fingernail not properly trimmed and filed, or a speck of dirt on a toy that causes these bleeds. They can end up causing infections so they're not to be taken lightly.

You should be worried if there's persisting and increasing pain and if the blood comes out much darker red than normal, that could be a sign of a rupture or an abces and you should go to the ER. If you start getting a fever, shaking and increasing dizzyness, don't be afraid to call 911, as it can be fatal sepsis.

But don't be alarmed, sepsis is very rare. Just remeber to listen to your body. I fucking hate that saying, but it applies perfectly to these activities.

Thanks for the answer, the truth is that I did not feel any pain beyond normal after about two hours of ass playing with a 2.5 inches of diameter and no more than 6 inches deep, it is true that at the beginning of the play the lubricant turn a little pink but then it stopped coming out, I slept well at night and in the morning I went to the bathroom to relieve myself and when I pushed I really wanted to push the sensation of push was hard i still feel my hole open I began to throw away all the lubricant that was left inside, when I wiped myself with the paper it was left everything was red but it wasn't a bleeding that was running, it was just when I cleaned myself, a couple of hours later I repeated the process and it was less, at night came I repeated the process of pushing and there was almost nothing, but I pushed harder again and there the red stain appeared again Not as red as the first time but pink and plentiful, no bleeding that ran that yes but it did scare me. Today I have nothing, I can do my needs well, I'm a little static but I can go to the bathroom without stains.

On 20/12/2023 at 13:33, Subwhore said:

ElyX acaba de sufrir un accidente de inserción y ahora mismo lo está pasando muy mal.
Es un "profesional" y todavía algo salió mal.
No quiero ser el policía divertido, pero insto a todos a que lo piensen dos veces antes de insertar algo "completamente".
(Perdón si esta publicación es demasiado deprimente, pero creo que es muy importante recordarle a la gente que pueden ocurrir accidentes y que las consecuencias pueden ser nefastas).

From what I could understand, he put something inside and then he couldn't get it out, is that what happened?

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.