Vermont Bag Balm: A wonderful salve for your rose!

herboy

Recently had my hemorhoids flare up after trying a new lube and decided to use an out of the box treatment, then I thought I would share my findings as it has turned out to be a multi-use item.
So, a short bit of history on this subject. . .
 About 2 years back a bout with pneumonia and with it's associated caughing and the antibiotics to get that under control giving me a case of bad diarrhea, I developed a case of hemorrhoids, in short my asshole was not a pretty rosebutt but an absolute war zone. At that point I reached for the Preparation H and also did some mild stretching, and it helped greatly and they went away, all was well. Ever since certain things can make them act up, from a bad coughing fit, the pneumonia made my asthma worse, to much pushing on the toilet or while playing but, a new issue arose recently that I hadn't expected, some lubes brining on the rhoids. I found this out the hard way at one point with some generic lube from the pharmacy, best guess is either the glycerine or what ever preservative they used made stuff unhappy back there.
Did the same as before, went away again and avoided that lube and was WAY more careful until recently but enough history.
 So lets fast forward a bit. . .  
I order some lube and grab a new one from our (mine and the wife's) usual, J Jelly. Why do I think it was the J Jelly? Well I have a feeling the glycerine and preservative in it caused some extra pushing and likely just iritated everything a bit, I also read similar things about iritation from others AFTER I used it. This all made the rhoids come back with FORCE! And my hole was also kinda chapped too. Which brings us to. . . Vermont Bag Balm! An awesome little green can.
 So, the Preparation H was working but, not as well as I had wanted and though they were starting to go away, they were still annoying and the usual wasn't having the longevity for the itch, it was time to think outside the box. Through some searching here I ran across some posts from some members talking about Bag Balm as a good way to help hemorrhoids and generally keep your rosebutt moisturized and happy and even as lube, the biggest proponent being Bigtoys420. They said they use it for all the above so I decided to give it a try myself and give a bit of a report back on my findings to all you fine folks. So here is my chronicle. . .
 First day of use was a pleasant suprise, the Bag Balm has the cosistancy of Vasaline and smells of lanolin, both of which I find nice traits. When spread on the outside it feels soft and supple and leaves a nice moist feeling but not greasey. A nice glob stuffed inside is a very nice feeling, slick but not oily or slimy, a it leaves your insides feeling soft like the outside, the lanolin leaves a pleasant warm sensation. So far the rhoids have become less swollen and no longer itch. My hole feels much better and not as raw. As a lube it presents the qualities of Vasoline, slick but has some drag to it, the lanolin seems to have a mild relaxing quality. Definately promising, longer lasting than the Prep H. No stretching beyond sloping in the Bag Balm.
 Second day of use, overnight was great, no mess, woke up with no issues, soreness itching, etc. Added a bit to the inside and out, same warm sensation, same moist and supple feel. Lasted the full work day without reaplication, no itching or soreness. Also used as lube for plug to stretch with a smaller than normal plug ( this is suposed to help also and has been helpful in the past), works well so far as that too and feels great. After plug and more of the Bag Balm swelling of the rhoids has gone down further, itching is longer an issue and my rose looks to be healed up and no longer chapped at all.
Third day of use and well, this has worked better than Prep H ever has, woke up to a pleasantly moisturized rose with no itch and very minor swelling of the rhoids, added a small amount for good measure, inside and out. It has shown to thus far be both a great lubricant and hemorrhoid treatment and a great way tokeep my rose moist and happy. Later I plugged as before and used my fingers to do some stretching as well, swelling has continued to diminish, no ill effects, and my rose feels and looks very nice. This has also turned out to be a good lube that feels very nice in use as such. I feel like the Bag Balm has had a possitive over-all effect so far on my rose both inside and out.
Fourth and fifth days of use, my rose feels great no chapped feeling, the hemorroids are no longer an issue, I can feel them with my fingers but, they are tiny and almost gone and there has been no more swelling, itch, or irritation. Didn't stretch either evening I let my hole be other than putting in the Bag Balm and making sure it's all healing up. My hole feels great, better than it has in a while, it relived the rhoids and even feels nice. I think this will become a new ritual, maintain my rose with some Bag Balm.

So, as far as I am concerned the Bag Balm has been a great addition to the box of tricks, it makes good hemorrhoid cream and a great aftercare item for a well worked rose and also a good maintainance item to keep it all moisturized and supple inside and out. As a lube it has the properties of vaseline which is gonna be a personal prefeance, I like the feeling thicker cream lubes so I like it, it stays slick for a good while and the lanolin has a bit of a relaxing effect on the skin, it almost works in the way Slam Dunk does. All in all I'd say that it is something all anal stretchers should have in their arsenal, thanks to Bigtoys420 for the idea it worked great.

PS

Don't know if I posted this in the right place but if not please move it.

• 3 weeks later...

Heeey thanks a lot for sharing. I believe these kind of experienced are very valuable for some people since they are not so much talked in public.

Added Bag Balm to my routine anal health for play about a year and a half ago and agreed it's wonderful.

8 hours ago, Rosebutt said:

How so? What does it do? 

So, for me it's in the combination of the lanolin and petrolatum used in the Bag Balm. The lanolin acts as a skin relaxant, and to a degree muscle relaxant, it tends to leave a mild warm sensation and combined with the petrolatum leaves everything soft, supple, and moisturized. The relaxing effect of the lanolin is a similar feeling to the clove oil used in Slam Dunk, if you've ever tried that particular creme lube, it's not super pronounced everything just feels less tensed and more stretchy, same for the lanolin.

5 hours ago, herboy said:

So, for me it's in the combination of the lanolin and petrolatum used in the Bag Balm. The lanolin acts as a skin relaxant, and to a degree muscle relaxant, it tends to leave a mild warm sensation and combined with the petrolatum leaves everything soft, supple, and moisturized. The relaxing effect of the lanolin is a similar feeling to the clove oil used in Slam Dunk, if you've ever tried that particular creme lube, it's not super pronounced everything just feels less tensed and more stretchy, same for the lanolin.

I see. Thanks for that reply. I happen to have some in my bathroom. I’ll give it a shot!

• 2 weeks later...

I also suffer sometimes from hemorrhoids but since I started playing with my ass they are not that important, my hole now can accommodate 11.7cm dildo in diameter, I use lube that has lidocaine 3.5% and I don’t feel any pain and hemorrhoids not coming out, yes sometimes when I hard poop I get blood but after few days body heals itself 

• 8 months later...
16 hours ago, wildrichie68 said:

What a lovely bunch of perves you all are. Thanks for the info 8oz of Bag Balm on its way.

I hope you like it! I know I have, I use it after playing lately, just finger in a big ole glob and wipe up the excess. I also like to use it around my hole when I plug to keep things lubed and Moist. Let us lovely perverts know how you like it!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, GratefulBread said:

Been using this occasionally for a little while now and its pretty nice for this purpose, heals irritation pretty well

I don't know about balm but for healing purpose, antibiotic+antibacterial topical steroid ointment, it works like a charm. It heals me very fast. 5 months ago i got a fissure inside anus and in a week lump shrink down to 80-90%, cream works but majorly i use providone iodine so i don't get resistance from antibiotics

On 10/6/2022 at 12:33 AM, herboy said:

I hope you like it! I know I have, I use it after playing lately, just finger in a big ole glob and wipe up the excess. I also like to use it around my hole when I plug to keep things lubed and Moist. Let us lovely perverts know how you like it!

I tried it but find that it leaks out when it gets warm which in turn leaves fat stains in the underwear, even pants sometimes. I suppose you could use a feminine pad to guard against stains but I like to sleep in the nude so that's not a great option... any ideas?

On 12/23/2022 at 2:07 PM, buttslave00 said:

I tried it but find that it leaks out when it gets warm which in turn leaves fat stains in the underwear, even pants sometimes. I suppose you could use a feminine pad to guard against stains but I like to sleep in the nude so that's not a great option... any ideas?

So, that sounds like a less is more situation. It's a bit thinner than Vaseline, a bit like Preparation H in consistency so when I have used it for dry hands I use an amount about the size of a US quarter coin, and when used for after care I use about the same on 2 fingers inside and out. Also you want to work it in well and don't hesitate to wipe off the excess if it's a bit to much. I hope this helps you out with the issue.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.