J-Lube/Powdered lube question

Subwhore

Hello fellow fellows and fellowettes.

I just bought a bottle of J-Lube at a local store, but noticed when i came home that under the flat screw cap there is no sealing of any kind.
No seal outside the whole bottle either.
I'm a bit of a paranoid germophobe, so i'm wondering, has the bottle i bought been tampered with or do they come like that?

Btw, this is my first go at powdered "professional" lube. I'm considering giving X-Lube a try, but i have to order it from abroad.
Is it worth the hassle?

I’ve been fisting/plugging/toying and overall hammering my asshole for 30 years and have never needed anything but KY and/or Astroglide. Sometimes I think us ass players tend to overthink and over complicate things.

And no, I would not trust something that is uncapped

The J-Lube bottles I bought online over the years were always like that. Sometimes a shop secures the flat cap with a bit of adhesive tape so it doesn't accidentally unscrew during shipping, but there never was any factory seal.

The bottle has most likely not been actively tampered with but it isn't impossible.

I think the reason the bottles are not sealed is because J-Lube is originally marketed towards veterinarians and farmers (for animal care), so human safety/hygiene standards do not apply.

Since it's a dry product, I'm not too worried about germs myself and I don't find contamination to be very likely. A tiny risk remains, of course.

7 hours ago, jeffb said:

Las botellas de J-Lube que compré online a lo largo de los años siempre fueron así. A veces, un taller asegura la tapa plana con un poco de cinta adhesiva para que no se desenrosque accidentalmente durante el envío, pero nunca hubo ningún sello de fábrica.

Lo más probable es que la botella no haya sido manipulada activamente, pero no es imposible.

Creo que la razón por la que las botellas no están selladas es porque J-Lube se comercializa originalmente para veterinarios y granjeros (para el cuidado de los animales), por lo que no se aplican las normas de seguridad/higiene humana.

Como es un producto seco, a mí no me preocupan demasiado los gérmenes y no creo que sea muy probable que haya contaminación. Por supuesto, persiste un pequeño riesgo.

That is the problem. Better to use KLube/XLube
XLube is my favorite

My boyfriend ordered Kerbl VetGel from Amazon, a large bottle. It's very good and long lasting... he says it's great for my deep anal training. We also have been using Crisco.

• 3 months later...

For the benefit of the non-Dwedish among us.

xlube is great, also bought from amazon! :)
does not contain anything that can cause you to get fungus or something in the pussy either

How is the glide on xlube compared to J-lube?
I love J-lube, but it's a shame it doesn't work optimally vaginally!

I don’t know about xlube, but after years of using J-lube I’ve moved to “Fist Lube Powder”, which is essentially the same thing but includes preservatives so your mixture doesn’t go stale for a long time and you can feel more confident it’ll remain sanitary while you use the entire bottle you mix. With J-lube I would sometimes have to throw out some of the mix because after a few weeks it would start smelling a bit funky, even when I produced it with sterile water. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.