animal cruelty

Guest anubis

link deleted by anllover-against rules

People have a sense of empathy as one our natural instinct which is programmed in us from the day when we are born. Ability to recognize and partially experience other people situation can be very useful. As such that instinct animals also probably have. But, it is also the thing which causes our stomach to start spinning when we are watching this because MOST people could feel at some degree what that animal is feeling. Then what we can say about people who can kill an animal in the way that is shown in this video? They are doing drugs? They have some mental disease or genetic defect? They are not human beings? I am not against killing animals in the strict sense(i cant be against the law of nature)but in the way that the people in the video did it... They had a hatchet and they decided first to cut away the limbs and to strip their skin than to kill the animal first. I am sorry that my comment is so long but i thought that this video needs some explaining. What do you say? Edited by anllover

VERY VERY SICK!!!

i think this is a good topic but i dont really think it is necesary to post the video. it was (basically) Chinese people butchering animals (dogs and chimps i think) by slamming theirs heads into the ground to stun them, chopping off their legs/feet, skinning them alive and throwing them into the meat wagon for market.

i understand the need to eat but i dont understand the desire to be INHUMAN about it blink.gif

but you want your answer - mine will sound racist and bigotist.

"what do you expect from the SE Asians?" but then even the USA (so clean and innocent laugh.gif ) are pretty damn ruthless when it comes to making money from meat. look at chickens.... beaks cut off/broken off, legs broken, kept in small cages and who knows really how the meat we eat is slaughtered. really we should ALL go and get our meat from FARMERS rather than big business.

sorry to edit you post but that vid did more than break the gore rule - IT DEFINED IT.

QUOTE(Bimboy @ Oct 12 2007, 01:22 PM) [snapback]57875[/snapback]

Meat is murder !
- If you can't stomach it, don't put it in your mouth !

but how do you draw a line between meat and plants - we all are alive. besides i think "meat is murder" is a bit over the top. animals raised for meat by a small farm have a good life until they die, the ones in HUGE ranches DONT!

i can stomach it but NOT when done in a cruel and thoughtless manor, although most use the "ignorance is bliss" to get by.

Plants ?!?
- Are you having trouble with a particular one ?

Nope, meat IS murder - and 200 years from now we'll be looking back at this period with horror and inconprehension.
- Bunching Holocaust and Burger King as two examples of the same callousness.

When (if) geneticists ever develop the ability to grow single muscles without a central nervous system, THEN you can enjoy your steak...

The "smal farm" where the animals have names and get invited in for christmas... romantic nonsense (no (personal) offence intended)

PS: Not a vegetarian myself - but at least I'm ashamed about it : ) Edited by Bimboy

we now have the technology not to kill for food.

there's quorn and many other meat free alternatives.

which leaves us to kill solely for the fun of it.

Agree with Bimboy and Proltrol, we will be severely judged by our followers in the next centuries I guess but boy how I like eating a big piece of burgundy or Kobe beef ! Sorry for all the lives i've already taken, o Buddha ! blush.gif tongue.gif (^ ^) tongue.gif

QUOTE(prolaptotron @ Oct 17 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]58806[/snapback]

we now have the technology not to kill for food.

there's quorn and many other meat free alternatives.

which leaves us to kill solely for the fun of it.

What about the great taste of a medim done succulent steak? (with home made chips topped with herb-butter? drool.gif

Sorry, vegetarians! Probably if I would have to kill the cow, I would prefer cheese (which I love too) smile.gif

cheers,

cb

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.