Opinions on anal stretching and its relation to prostate health

sigmoid

I went to the doctor recently, and he has strong suspicions that I have prostatitis (an inflammation of the prostate gland). An inflamed prostate gland will cause the flow of urine to be not only delayed, but also much weaker, and can make it so that your bladder never completely depletes, causing more frequent urination, and burning may or may not occur. It can also have an effect on your ejaculate, preventing it from coming out in full force, and sometimes the ejaculate that fails to escape falls back into the urethra, causing potential burning.

My reason for stating all of the above is because (as you can imagine from my profile and the fact that I'm posting here) I am an anal stretcher. I've been putting things up there pretty much ever since I discovered my sexuality during puberty and got a little curious with a toothbrush (I must have been 12). As a result of the problems I've been having with my prostate (or at least with my urination), my girlfriend has urged me to take a break from anal stretching until my condition is cured through a potentially lengthy process of treatment via antibiotics. As it stands, it has already been about a month since the last time I put anything in my ass, and I'm having some withdrawal symptoms. Every time I pass by something like a fire extinguisher, or large bottle of water, etc. I can't help but instantly feel a craving to have it shoved up my ass. Of course, if I absolutely have to, I can be patient and wait, and just have to re-build myself back up to the stretching level I was at once I can finally get back into it. But I wanted to ask you guys (the anal stretching community), just how much of a connection you think there may be between my anal habits and my current prostate problem. Unfortunately, though there are anal doctors out there, our sexual habits are still so taboo that there isn't sufficient medical research done on anal stretchers like us. I could ask my primary care physician if continued anal stretching would make my problem worse or slow down recovery, but if he doesn't really know too much about anal stretching, he will just lean toward discouraging anal play just in case it's bad. Afterall, NOT shoving large things up your ass never hurts anything. But my problem is the simple fact that I happen to really, really, REALLY, like shoving large things up my ass. This is why I'm coming to you guys for your opinions.

Truth is, I also suffered from a couple of years of homelessness and other turmoils that have also had an effect on my health. I'm now in much, much better standing economically, but I can't help but wonder if perhaps my prostate problems weren't caused by anal stretching, but other things. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Or maybe other things caused the problem, and anal stretching exacerbates it. Or maybe anal stretching really is the culprit. I really don't know. The wishful part of me would like to blame the homelessness and assume that the stretching I wish I could be doing won't make the problem any worse or get in the way of recovery. But I need to get everyone's feedback before I make any decisions.

Who else is an anal stretcher and has suffered prostatitis or similar problems? Since women don't have prostate glands, this is mostly a question for men, but I wouldn't mind some input from women on their health experiences as well. Essentially, do you think anal stretching can cause prostatitis? If so, how can anal stretching be done in a way that minimizes the risk? Otherwise, do you think that someone who has issues with prostatitis is alright to continue stretching (at least a little)? And do you think diet has anything to do with it? Are prostate problems common for male anal stretchers?

• 2 weeks later...
I think Kreamfan has made a few very good points. I often feel on here its hard to get a straight answer as people are so pro-stretching and so reluctant to associate any problems they have had with it. I'm personally on about 8" plugs comfortably but am hoping to work up to my 10" Ace of Spades this year, that said, I am concernered about having weaker erections recently. I've cut down smoking and exercise more but am sure stretching probably has something to do with it… but i don't know for sure. What I try to do is maintain a strong kegels routine which i hope would keep my pc muscle in shape but also allow me to make my ass bigger but not weaker...

I'm just getting over prostatitis. Initially the docs thought it was epiditimitis, an infection/inflamation of the epiditimus located at the back of the testicles. It started off with a dull, long lasting testicle pain that lasted for a month. I was given antibiotics but it didn't help. I got an ultrasound of my balls (or as i like to call it... a balltrasound) which came back negative. Finally when i mentioned my other symptoms, difficulty gating, small amounts of pee seeping out after urination, frequent urinating, mild burn when urinating... they said it was prostatitis.

And so i connected the dots and determined it was due to my new "black balled" didlo that I have been riding in a way to hit my prostate over and over again. I obviously didn't tell my doctor about my bed-time habits, this is just my conclusion. So, I've had to stop fisting with my girlfriend and stop the solo stretching. I think you are right... that prostate stimulation through, say, riding a huge dildo, can cause some damage to the prostate and inevitably lead to inflammation and even infection. I read that prostate massaged are dangerous as they can squish the "bags" that hold the vesicle fluid in your prostate. If those bags are squished (like by hitting your prostate with a hard dong over and over again) then that fluid can't come out into the ejaculate, gets trapped and eventually lingers and leads to infection.

The pain is gone now (2 months later), I think i'm ok... but now i make sure to use shorter toys, and if i do use long dildos, I try to use them in a way that they don't hit the prostate directly.

[quote name='kreamfan' date='11 March 2012 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1331496234' post='577493']
Hmm sorry to hear that Cookie. I hope you can lay low that addiction of anal usage for long enough so it all heals. I really am convinced that the prostate is very delicate and that things can get ruined. I also will say this once and for all (I will get bashed for this) but anal play was meant for women and not men... You CANNOT have 1. A strong PC muscle with ultra strong erections and forceful super far cum spurting and 2. A huge loose anal hole that sloppy. Why? Because in order for it to be so sloppy and loose, the pc muscle MUST be completely relaxed and in fact must be LESS DEVELOPED!

Would be funny to ask Peter North about it. There's a reason he hasn't taken it up the ass in 20 years now. He's got rock hard erections with forceful cum coming out. So the choice is, psychologically, will be accept that we are men and cannot change that fact, and therefore ACT like a man too (stopping the anal stretching) or shall we continue to dive into our fantasy of wishing we were a woman (who has less responsibilities with regards to providing a good job/income/house/etc). In that moment where you stretch and feel submissive and not dominant, it is that moment where the fantasy of being able to avoid reality feels so good. But remember, at the end of the day, you're a man... Make the most out of it.

I hope I don't get banned for that, but it's a strong psychological post, and I've studied psychology for many years, so I know what I'm talking about. It's just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone, so please don't feel offended, and if you can relate, know that it's probably because you feel some truth in it.
[/quote]

wow!! I think this guy has a point.. Not that i whole heartedly agree with everything but I agree about the stretching too much.

[quote name='kreamfan' date='13 March 2012 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1331631647' post='578083']
Thank you tommygun.
[/quote]

And might I add that as men.. the last thing any of us should want is a limp noodle for a pecker. also I don't know bout you guys but I like the idea of sport cumming..... ya know when you are about to cum and you pull it out just to see how far you can squirt it! It's quite impressive to your mate as well... Nicknamed me shooter after one of those sessions..(True Story)

I don't see how a loose anal sphincter relates to week PC muscle. THey are not connected. Somebody with anatomicle knowledge care to enlighten us? I can take around 3.8 inch diameter toys which is pretty large in my book and I have erection so hard they hurt. <_<

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.