Macintosh Computers are not strange objects!

Crisco61

...and objectively not really different from other PCs.
Most files available for download on this forum can be easy opened, dezipped, unrared etc, by PC users, with some of the most known win-utilities, such HJSplit for join them, or WinRar for join, decode, open them with password...etc
Mac users can do the same actions, using different apps, simply!
Here's "how to".

1- .zip files...
Have you downloaded a .zip file? Simply double click on him. It will expand in the same directory in a proprietary folder.
But, use "Stuffit Expander" instead, if the file is password protected (www.stuffit.com). Install it. Double click on the file, if the file has the Stuffit icon (Ctrl-click, choose "Open With", instead). Finished.

2- .rar files...
Stuffit Expander can do the work, but ONLY if you have a single file to manage, not a segmented serie.
Best app to join multiple files (and decript password, if needed) is "UnrarX" (www.unrarx.com).
Install the app, download all files needed (the flick, the movie etc) into a new folder on your computer. Then open UnrarX, put the password (if needed) in the right spot, drag all files in the window app. Finished.

3- Bunch of files that are re-named wmw.001, wmw002, wmv003, avi001, avi002, avi003, mpg001, mpg002, mpg003, etc)
The name of the utility is "AJoiner". Link: www.digicowsoftware.com
Install AJoiner. Download in a folder on your computer all the segmented files of the movie.
You can see that the fisrt segment will have a different icon instead of the others. Right-click (or Ctrl-click) on him, choose Open with... and select AJoiner. It will make the job. Finished.

Italian members:

I computers Macintosh non sono strani oggetti!

...e oggettivamente non differenti dai comuni Pc.
La maggior parte dei files scaricabili attraverso questo Forum possono essere facilmente aperti dagli utenti Pc, decompressi, decriptati usando le più comuni applicazioni scritte per Windows, come HJSplit per unire files, WinRar per unirli , decodificarli, aprirli e decriptarne le password.
Gli utenti Mac possono fare lo stesso, semplicemente utilizzando applicazioni dedicate ai computers Apple.

Ecco cosa Vi serve.

1- .zip files...
Avete scaricato un file .zip? Doppio click sul file si decomprimerà nella medesima cartella.
Nel caso sia protetto da password usate "Stuffit Expander" (www.stuffit.com).
Installatelo. Doppio click sul file in questione (se ha l'icona di Stuffit, altrimenti right-click o Ctrl-click e scegliete "Apri Con").

2- .rar files...
Stuffit Expander può funzionare, ma SOLO se dovete decomprimere un singolo file, non una serie segmentata. In questo caso l'applicazione in questione é "UnrarX". Si scarica da www.unrarx.com
Installate il programma. scaricate tutta la serie segmentata dellla clip, del film etc...in una nuova cartella sul Vostro Mac. Aprite UnrarX. Inserite la password (sempre che chi ha postato i files l'abbia inserita) nella casella in alto a destra. Trascinate tutti i files da "giuntare" nella finestra di UnrarX. Finito.

3- Liste di files che son stati rinominati come wmw.001, wmw002, wmv003 etc (oppure avi001, avi002, avi003, mpg001, mpg002, mpg003, etc)...
ScaricateVi AJoiner (www.digicowsoftware.com)
Installatelo. Riunite in una nuova cartellla tutti i files segmentati in questione. Il primo segmento avrà sicuramente una icona diversa dalle altre. Doppio click su di essa (oppure Ctrl-click e scegliete "Apri Con"). AJoiner farà tutto. Finito.

• 2 weeks later...
Crisco61 and all Mac friends,
Actually there is a much more powerful decompression tool that is vastly superior to Allume/Digital Rivers' old code based Stuffit up your Expander. It is called The Unarchiver. I have yet to see it choke on any file. It is simply one of the best, if not the best compression software for All Mac's. From ram starved old CPU 233mhz OS9 based iMac's to Big powerful Intel Duo Core hot rods, this hummer chugs right along. Best part is? It's Free!!! Get your buns over to thier site right now!!

The Unarchiver

Any and all other Mac related Questions? Give me a PM. I know them well...

MD crazy.gif crazy.gif Edited by marlindickwater

QUOTE(Tangerine @ May 10 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]20752[/snapback]

Never read so useful info since the Apple II manual ! biggrin.gif IPB Image

I bless you, MacWizards ! THX Pals ! notworthy.gif (^^) crazy.gif
Jobs & Wozniak greasy 70' haircut models

now that you follow prol's suggestio, you have found another way to make your posts yet more creative: with the link given as comment to the pic. good, isn't it? cool.gif

IPB Image
you know something about cats, don't you? laugh.gif Edited by gninori

QUOTE(gninori @ May 11 2007, 07:51 PM) [snapback]21038[/snapback]

now that you follow prol's suggestio, you have found another way to make your posts yet more creative: with the link given as comment to the pic. good, isn't it? cool.gifIPB Image
you know something about cats, don't you? laugh.gif

biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Chat va bien merci Gni ! laugh.gif Ur Right. More fun to comment ! That's what I told to helpful Prol. biggrin.gif A good Troll !!! notworthy.gif

Now I wait for the trick to modify typo size & colour. tongue.gif Any info to share with a real nOOb ? friends.gif IPB Image (^ ^) crazy.gifnOOb alert at RSBB Headquarters Edited by Tangerine

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.