Simple & quick freeware video editing program??

Vore

Quick question: anyone know of a freeware video editing program that can very easily combine several video clips and save them as one clip in the same format??

(Basically all the sic-flics style clips where there's 4 samples of the same scene, I want to combine those into one sample of the scene....but there is a lot in that style (hundreds) so I want to be able to do it really quickly - ideally drag and drop the 4 videos, click "combine" or similar, and then "save as...")

• 3 weeks later...
If the format is avi or mpeg or a variant of that you should definitely try Virtualdub. It's a great freeware program with lots of functions, some on par with professional video editing software. Combining videos is very easy to do and you can save it encoded as any avi codec you have.
For wmv, if you only need to combine the scenes then you could do that with Windows Movie Maker. Edited by Dats

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(Vore @ Jul 25 2008, 10:56 AM) [snapback]103370[/snapback]

Quick question: anyone know of a freeware video editing program that can very easily combine several video clips and save them as one clip in the same format??

(Basically all the sic-flics style clips where there's 4 samples of the same scene, I want to combine those into one sample of the scene....but there is a lot in that style (hundreds) so I want to be able to do it really quickly - ideally drag and drop the 4 videos, click "combine" or similar, and then "save as...")

Hjsplit, to join *.01files(or simular) or to split your regular movies.
Its free and you can find it easily with google! Edited by Lucifurr

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.