Surfin Music

anllover

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lost souls: Those who rode the wave when the tide was high..

Ciao amici

cb

QUOTE(fazer68 @ Feb 11 2010, 12:53 AM) [snapback]166067[/snapback]

check out some http://www.puscifer.com very good to listen to. you can find it on youtube, also

Quite original sound.. maybe. I`ve been watching the vids on U-Tube cause their site is mainly for promoting/merchandising/marketing and honestly I think that`s the leitmotiv and reason of their "success"too.

cheers

cb

• 4 weeks later...
bumpetty!!!!
Still jamming to Clutch at times. Immortal Technique is some of the new type music I have been listening to. never much of a hip hop guy but I am getting my toes wet.
Sade is still one of my favorite mellow singers. I actually listen to her a lot while doing to sleep and almost every time I do stretches for flexibility.

although the best musical thing to happen lately is we got a new TV for Xmas and it pics up the scrammbled music (galaxie music - no commercials) station perfectly... it doesnt name which is which but all the uninterupted tunes is just awesome. Actually I really loved it when we payed for the galaxy music stations because they would give you song/album info etc.

QUOTE(gninori @ Feb 6 2010, 11:52 PM) [snapback]165557[/snapback]

i am another lost soul kicking the table in stead of gershi BUMP!!! jester.gif

BUMP A DUMP jester.gif pimp.gif

Right now I´m listening to a self-compiled mix I´ve made last week in devotion of the first days with warm sunshine. Spring-like feeling smile.gif cool.gif

IPB Image

01 Shirley Bassey - Light My Fire
02 James Brown - Sunny (Hardboiled Mix)
03 Teddy Pendergrass - You Can't Hide From Yourself
04 The Dells - All About The Paper (Joey Negro Remix)
05 Vernon Burch - Get Up
06 Freedom - Get Up And Dance
07 Dayton - The Sound Of Music (European Mix)
08 Mighty Ryeders - Evil Vibrations
09 Love Machine - It Only Happens ( When I Look At You
10 Michael Wycoff - Lookin' Up For You
11 Billy Paul - Bring The Family Back
12 McFadden and Whitehead - Aint No Stoppin Us Now
13 Luther Vandross - The Glow of Love
14 Driza Bone - Real Love
15 Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
16 Johnny Guitar Watson - Won't You Forgive Me Baby

Download: In the Mix/Single Tracks

Generally my love for soul music has even grown over the last two years I didn´t visit this thread. smile.gif

Another great hear some days ago was Dexter Gordon´s "Our man in Paris" Excellent classic jazz pimp.gif

IPB Image

Listen

Another guy I really dig is Jose James. His first album "The dreamer" is awesome.

IPB Image

Listen

gershi

QUOTE(anllover @ Mar 10 2010, 11:24 PM) [snapback]170072[/snapback]

That is one bad-ass groove!

Yeah, it is pimp.gif I saw him life two years ago and it really sent me over the top. The whole audience, including me, stood there with mouths wide open staring at the stage because he, a drummer, a bass player and a keyboard player really blew the roof off the building. One of the best concerts I ever saw cool.gif smile.gif

gershi

IPB Image
Thanks again Gershi for the heads up. I have listened through The Dreamer and am half way through Blackmagic. Top notch grooves. Just loving it.

Checking out a couple things I bumped into while looking and then I will checkout Dexter. Will be putting on the comp you posted at some point today.

QUOTE(Tangerine @ Mar 11 2010, 10:12 AM) [snapback]170183[/snapback]
...wonder if I could hi-jack the thread with bulshit pix to see if anllover bash me like in da ole times crazy.gif jester.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif (^ ^)

Mess with a bull you might get the horns!!!
IPB Image

lol ol pal friends.gif you might find mad moose has mellowed out a bit cool.gif
IPB Image

QUOTE(gershi @ Mar 11 2010, 12:05 AM) [snapback]170078[/snapback]

Yeah, it is pimp.gif I saw him life two years ago and it really sent me over the top. The whole audience, including me, stood there with mouths wide open staring at the stage because he, a drummer, a bass player and a keyboard player really blew the roof off the building. One of the best concerts I ever saw cool.gif smile.gif

gershi

Just a short note: I will see him again life next monday in cologne pimp.gif You´ll get a report of the gig.

gershi

• 3 weeks later...
All right! Just had a good time reading the previous page.. laughing at anll's gifs.. downloading gershi's tunes and generally agreeing tang and gni... the tide seems rising again!

Thanx for all this pals!

friends.gif

cb

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.