Are flared bases still required for big toy enjoyers?

One important rule that everyone hears when they get into anal is to always use toys with flared bases.

But does that also apply to us?

I've seen performers insert toys fully, insert balls, etc. But that's them, they're experts, things that may be possible for them may be a bad idea for us.

But on the other hand, I have never observed any of my bigger toys (or smaller ones, for that matter) trying to go up all on their own, on the contrary, my guts seem very fond of doing their best to push them out.

If the issue is potentially getting a toy stuck  inside that you don't manage to push out, would it not be mitigated by using toys you know you could push out easily?

Thing that brought this on is that I recently saw one of those big glass sphere ornaments, and the thought of having such a heavy thing inside me is driving me wild

In my experience, the main risk when it comes to getting a toy stuck inside, is getting one that’s relatively rigid completely past the sigmoid bend. Then it can (not necessarily will) become harder to retrieve, specially with an internal prolapse that folds over instead of pushing it out. I had that happen to me and I panicked for a few seconds, but I was able to get it out with relative ease, as I’m flexible enough to fist myself past the wrist. 

5 hours ago, JamesD said:

In my experience, the main risk when it comes to getting a toy stuck inside, is getting one that’s relatively rigid completely past the sigmoid bend. Then it can (not necessarily will) become harder to retrieve, specially with an internal prolapse that folds over instead of pushing it out. I had that happen to me and I panicked for a few seconds, but I was able to get it out with relative ease, as I’m flexible enough to fist myself past the wrist. 

I See, so it should be relatively safe if I don't get it past the sigmoid? Looking at the sphere, I don't think I could get it past even if I tried... But I might put it in a glove or female condom just to be safe

While I’m not a doctor and definitely don’t encourage anyone from doing something they’d deem dangerous, I’d say that if it’s only rectum-deep, you should always be able to reach and pull it out. Always be safe, and as you say, when in doubt, put a condom or have something attached to it as to guarantee you’ll be able to get it out. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.