Mozilla Firefox - The BEST!!

anllover

Hello Rubbish and all other MFF lovers notworthy.gif

i just thought i would open up this thread to discuss the BEST browser there is and some of the useful tools, tricks, tips, add-ons and whatnot that make you love this program. Honest i think the people behind this could save the world.

first i want to say if you want to organize and keep your bookmarks orginized it is the BOMB. you can even export them to an html page you can save notworthy.gif

^^ this is one of the first things i noticed long ago.
plus the many ways it makes you safer and keeps pop-up down wink.gif

the most recent trick i found is HIGHLIGHT a link (NAMED ONE) and then right click for bookmark link... it names it what you highlighted. see try this one;

RoseButtBoard

now you should have in your bookmarks one called RoseButtBoard and should point you to all the new topics.

please add yours.

and finally thanks Rubbish (IA) for you tips. i know you have a few wink.gif

peace
anllover

anl, you remember i set you a list of my bookmarks
but it was quite tricky exporting them to a word processor
do you know of any simpler way now? notworthy.gif
and yes, the right click works wink.gif

from what i know right now, you can easily make a list of ALL you link in under a second... how to edit a list to few takes more tricks. but you can do entire list;
Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>File>Export

but i notice a ton of add-ons for book marks and hope to get mine sorted one day unsure.gif

safari has a better bookmarking system and a private browsing function. it's also a lot quicker.

fuck firefox.

QUOTE(prolaptotron @ Nov 6 2007, 08:16 PM) [snapback]63044[/snapback]

safari has a better bookmarking system and a private browsing function. it's also a lot quicker.

fuck firefox.

Damn right... Safari 3 is light years ahead of clunky FireFox... and its available for Windoze users too smile.gif

Easy Fellas on this whole Firehack issue. First off, for the sake of argument, their are many problems internally with Mozillas' Firefox Browser. Buried deep in the code as of 2.0 is a small program that sends data back to google on where the browser has been, the operating system, the I.P. address and other useful items that can be used to identify you. 2 of my close friends were senior engineers for the Mozilla Foundation before it went corporate and are original Netscape founders. I won't name them here but trust in knowing they are well trusted in what they say. 1 of them left Mozilla for this very reason and is now working at Opera. Opera is an OK browser and very capable for Windows. The other Mozilla variant Sea Monkey, which is the full featured version of Mozilla is alive and well and is the main test unit for all new Gecko engine releases. Plus its free of Mitchell Baker's sell out software to Google. Find it here...

MD

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

QUOTE(prolaptotron @ Nov 6 2007, 09:16 PM) [snapback]63044[/snapback]

fuck firefox.

Firefox has an excellent bookmarking sistem, has great plug-ins (like downloadhelper, which lets you DL almost every vid from any web page) and it`s not even that slow if compared to others...
Just tried Safari out cause you suggested it: maybe for mac users it`s better, but for me FF is the best,

fuck Safari.

cb

PS: Just DLing Seemonkey to try it (Thanx MDW)

• 2 weeks later...
I have tried your suggestions and unless there is a bunch of shit I am missing I dont see how any compare. Seamonkey seems like a stripped down version of firefox. Without the addons and features I have from FF it seems lame. Safari has a very very nice look and feel. It was maybe the best of the other suggestions. There were somethings I didnt like but will still play a bit on occations. Just to see what the other guys are thinking of. Now the opera seemed pretty sucky... like a step up from AOL laugh.gif and reminded me of Netscape navagator in the look, icons, and naming of stuff blink.gif and I learned easily to hate NetscapeN and C long long ago yucky.gif

MarlinDW,
thanks for bringing up the security issue. I have a feeling that the yahoos and the googles of the world will be able to get some or all of our info at some time or another but I dont like the idea of that type dishonestly. In a perfect world there would be HONEST options and HONEST people and my dick would be big and strong just like I would be. But last time I looked my dick is only average and the world isnt perfect. If you want to talk fixes I think my thoughts would be to radical for you and I am not even interested in going through with it.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.