THE LAST MOVIE TOPIC

gninori

"death at a funeral"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795368/

brilliant, hilarious, one of the best black comedies up to date. has anyone else seen it?

post: i personally think of this topic as about the last movie seen at a theater. but also home visions of old and newer films are welcome wink.gif

$30 plus treats is way too fucking much to see a movie in the theater,
especailly when i can buy the same movie from the chinese pirate store for $7 or less. hell i have even seen some movies days before opening in the WEST theaters.

but to answer your question it would have been Constantine with Keanu Reeves. a comic book remake i think. it was ok but still find it hard to enjoy after paying that much. the movie industy (along with the music) are outta control. there is NO justification to those high prices. Edited by anllover

i usually go to the movies only in the afternoon of weekdays or wednesday evenings when cheaper tickets are sold: 5 euros. which amount to
5 Euro(s) = 7.09099 Canadian Dollar(s)
1 CAD = 0.705121 EUR
1 EUR = 1.4182 CAD
5 euros is also the price for renting a recent movie dvd at Blockbuster stores
but i usually take classical movies: 3.50 euros

good call. i used to go to the dollar movie place, which was dollar. they were just the movies that were out a month ago. but they long since have stopped that. but i am lucky if i were to take advantage - there are still a cpl drive-in theaters in ontario.

here i rent movies for 2euros , the bring it home for you , and for 1.5euro u go to the rental shop ... last i watched Lord of War , which i bought . A friend arrives in 2 days from america bringing me Robocop 20th anniversary and Predator 2 disc smile.gif for my sweet cyberpunk and sf-action collection

"atonement"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783233/

i didnt read the book the movie is based upon, but it's very literary, fluid, ethereal like reading and thinking, especially the first half, which is short of formal perfection

highlights:
1- music, you should hear like natural sounds are imperceptibly transformed in music (incidentally the composer is italian, Dario Marianelli, never heard of, i confess)
2- the leading actor, interesting face, already seen in the borderline "last king of scotland"
3- vanessa redgrave. her face is the art cinema, as young and old as cinema, limpid blue eyes and deep wrinkles marking time. she doesnt seem to act, it comes so natural to her. so wonderful, so beautiful, a feast for the cinephiles, moving viewers without moving a muscle

maybe a wee bit on a sentimental tone in the second half, but that compensates the fierce first part, fierce as true sentiments can be, hate or love, and fierce as society can sometimes be with its rigid stratification
of classes
a very good film overall

First: last time I went to the cinema was about 10 yrs ago. I like to watch movies with a certain comfort: I wanna smoke, eat, drink, I want to stop the movie when I want, see a scene again if I missed someth. So I only watch movies at home. I remember watching "Rocky horror picture show" at the cinema in Venice CAL(in the early 80`s): that was not going to cinema, it was going to a party. Same movie, same cinema for years, lots of regular visitors, everybody singing and dancing (smoking and drinking, even fucking sometimes). That was "going to cinema" like I like it!
Besides rememberings of the good old days, lately I watched "UNDER SUSPICION" with Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman and Monica Bellucci. It was the last unwatched movie from the bag of DVDs I bought in Cambodia (1dollar each).
The critics are`nt that good but I liked it (maybe cause I could identify myself quite good in Gene`s character
The movie does even have a web site:

http://www.undersuspicion.com/

Have a good sunday afternoon (where ever you are)

hugs,
cb

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.