big problems when I save a download (file)

sunbelly

Please could someone point me in the right direction for finding information on how to do these downloads. Sometimes it works and the video will play, and other times it just won't. And the icons the videos have can be different even for the same video links that I click on in, for example, Rapidshare ; sometimes the icon is my VLC player, the cone on its own, sometimes the cone is in a square, and sometimes I have a completely different icon (for example, the first line of one download worked - with the VLC cone - and the second one had a different icon and didn't work).
I don't know what I'm doing, when I should unzip a file and when it isn't necessary, and above all I don't understand these icons and what to do to make them work. I'm wasting so much time downloading and only being able to view about 40% of what I download! Where can I go to find out all about this subject please?

if a file is zipped it is best to unzip the file and then play it.

movie files are made with "codecs" and depending on what codecs your pc has and what the movie was made with will depend on what players will play them. but saying this pretty much EVERY movie file should play with VLC player (and if it wont play there it most likely wont play anywhere)

if this doesnt help ask again and i can try again smile.gif

QUOTE(Freakypumper @ Jul 1 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]34393[/snapback]

i can try to help , mais en français ... je ne comprends pas le probleme exprimé en anglais ...

;-)

Merci a vous ! Je peux lire et comprendre le francais et je vous remercie si vous pouvez m'expliquer comment joindre deux fichiers en utilisant HJSplit (par exemple) - quand je telecharge, le premier lien marche mais le deuxieme et le troisieme lien dans le meme video ne marchent pas. Aussi, si vous pouvez expliquer autre chose sur le sujet de video telechargement je serai bien content. Merci beaucoup.

QUOTE(anllover @ Jul 1 2007, 02:51 PM) [snapback]34394[/snapback]

if a file is zipped it is best to unzip the file and then play it.

movie files are made with "codecs" and depending on what codecs your pc has and what the movie was made with will depend on what players will play them. but saying this pretty much EVERY movie file should play with VLC player (and if it wont play there it most likely wont play anywhere)

if this doesnt help ask again and i can try again smile.gif

Thanks for helping, every bit of information helps me. But I'd like to ask you : when I click on a link to download a video (usually just a part of a video) in Rapidshare I have no idea if it is zipped or not ; and also my other problem is that I can only download and save one link - if I do a second one it downloads but appears as a different icon in my documents and won't open. I mean, many videos are five or six or more segments and what I mean is I can only get the first one, each time I try. Looking forward to your reply, bye for now.

perhaps you are talking about files that are split with HJ-SPLIT.
they would be the same file name but enging with ".001, .002, .003" for file extensions. if this is the case you need all parts dl'd into the SAME folder, then use the program "HJ-SPLIT" to join the pieces.

also if you cannot see your extentions you can change your computer setting to see them.

anllover

QUOTE(anllover @ Jul 1 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]34399[/snapback]

perhaps you are talking about files that are split with HJ-SPLIT.
they would be the same file name but enging with ".001, .002, .003" for file extensions. if this is the case you need all parts dl'd into the SAME folder, then use the program "HJ-SPLIT" to join the pieces.

also if you cannot see your extentions you can change your computer setting to see them.

anllover

OK, so when I see many files for one movie, in say Rapidshare, numbered part 1, 2, 3 etc you are telling me that they have been split with HJSplit, and I should download them all one after the other and then put them into one folder and then use the splitter program to join them together. Thanks, and if I work out how to do that I will write and tell you (not today though, my brain is too tired now!). Bye

QUOTE(Freakypumper @ Jul 1 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]34409[/snapback]

le procédé : créer un dossier dans lequel vous mettez les fichiers coupés , ainsi que le programme hjsplit ; ouvrez hjsplit et cliquez sur join puis sur input file ( vous devez voir apparaître le nom du fichier" 001" dans " input file " ) , enfin cliquez sur start ; vous trouvez alors le film complet dans le dossier .

si autres questions , n'hésitez pas !

je crois que notre ami anllover a expliqué en anglais , voici fait aussi en français !

greetings
freaky wink.gif

Merci freaky, les choses sont beaucoup plus claire maintenant. Je vais les faire comme tu les explique. Il sembe que les gens, les amis ici, sont assez impressionés par les deux langues ! A bientot, si j'ai autre chose a te demander, et merci encore.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.