Point and click menu idea

Guest deeply

OK, so everyone has seen those wandering virtual girls that jump around and interact with desktop icons. :unsure:

Well... was thinking of a better option to this. :)

Everyone is aware of interactive content. Shit, most content now is live web cam.

But what about prepared interactive menus, that are content themed?

A girl could actually be a website menu. IN content. Remove all those virtual icons... tool bars, windows... simply have a full screen, content browser.

Sorry for repetition, but it may be difficult... to envision exactly what this rant is on about THIS time. :jester:

It wouldn't simply be a picture... it would be a filmed and prepared service. Even thinking about having a live, almost... call center service... yeah, that one is fucked up. :blink:

OK, so she's (could be more than one girl, different girls... a custom service... whatever) going to be waffling on about some kind of philosophy of erotica, to start with. Explaining facts of life. :lol:

Then, she starts inquiring by flirtatious gestures. It's not going to even need to be flashed based... with html5 now widely accessible, things are piss easy to setup, even if it has to be in a browser window (would prefer to setup a custom browser application, similar to a file manager).

Well... this is not exactly being justifiably communicated, but perhaps someone understands where this is coming from.

OK, simply cognitively experimenting here. Anyone else care to contribute? :unsure: Edited by deeply

i like the idea ;) i´´m not a tech wizard but i think that we have the technology available to create someting better than the usual websites or browsers. we are so used to control a website by menus and drop down boxes that not many people even think about something new. but just look back maybe 6 years. if someone had told you that in 2010 the new standard for cell phones would be touchscreens and intuitive gestures, would you have believed it? no? well, it´s reality now. the iphone and its followers have created a whole new way of human-machine-interaction.

now come to think of techniques like the nintendo wii and especially the new kinect system for the xbox. also a new way for human-machine-interaction.

deeply, maybe you would consider this one lame: http://www.petephilly.com/#/music/remember_you/ but i think it may illustrate your idea in some way. yes, i know, it´s prolly just basic and simple flash animation, but it´s well done. at least another way to create a website :pimp:

but i´´m all with you, there could be much more B)

gershi

[quote name='gershi' date='03 December 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1291414440' post='227959']
i like the idea ;) i´´m not a tech wizard but i think that we have the technology available to create someting better than the usual websites or browsers. we are so used to control a website by menus and drop down boxes that not many people even think about something new. but just look back maybe 6 years. if someone had told you that in 2010 the new standard for cell phones would be touchscreens and intuitive gestures, would you have believed it? no? well, it´s reality now. the iphone and its followers have created a whole new way of human-machine-interaction.[/quote]

Its menu displays are STILL button-based. Most people are still addicted to pushing buttons.

Touchscreen and intuitive gestures (even a decent audio command wizard), are definitely a better way of interacting with a machine.

However, this PARTICULAR idea incorporates NO buttons, no menus: it could be 100% foreigner friendly. :lol:

[quote name='gershi' date='03 December 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1291414440' post='227959']
now come to think of techniques like the nintendo wii and especially the new kinect system for the xbox. also a new way for human-machine-interaction.[/quote]

A bunch of IR beams doesn't sound too healthy. <_<

[quote name='gershi' date='03 December 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1291414440' post='227959']deeply, maybe you would consider this one lame: http://www.petephilly.com/#/music/remember_you/ but i think it may illustrate your idea in some way.[/quote]

No, it doesn't really: content wouldn't be ghosted onto an interface, it would BE an interface.

yes, i know, it´s prolly just basic and simple flash animation, but it´s well done. at least another way to create a website :pimp:

but i´´m all with you, there could be much more B)

gershi
[/quote]

Producing an accommodating website, is what it's about. :P

[quote name='deeply' date='04 December 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1291492444' post='228279']
However, this PARTICULAR idea incorporates NO buttons, no menus: it could be 100% foreigner friendly. :lol:
[/quote]

foreigner as in alien life form?

[quote name='deeply' date='04 December 2010 - 07:54 PM' timestamp='1291492444' post='228279']
A bunch of IR beams doesn't sound too healthy. <_<
[/quote]

i didn´t mean the technique behind the concept and i don´t know anything about the dangers of ir beams :crazy: but directing a machine without a control device like a keyboard, a mouse, a traditional controller etc. is definitely a new way. with kinect you control the xbox only with your body movements.

No, it doesn't really: content wouldn't be ghosted onto an interface, it would BE an interface.

Producing an accommodating website, is what it's about. :P
[/quote]

so can you show me an example? i think i can guess what you mean but still can´t get it 100% what you mean :huh:

gershi Edited by gershi

[quote name='gershi' date='05 December 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1291584609' post='228675']
foreigner as in alien life form?[/quote]

As in it doesn't matter what language they use, or even if they are literate or not. :jester:

Even those pesky Russians will be able to interact effectively, with a site like this. :lol:

[quote name='gershi' date='05 December 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1291584609' post='228675']
i didn´t mean the technique behind the concept and i don´t know anything about the dangers of ir beams :crazy: but directing a machine without a control device like a keyboard, a mouse, a traditional controller etc. is definitely a new way. with kinect you control the xbox only with your body movements.[/quote]

There's also a technology for monitoring eye movements, with blinks being clicks. :crazy: For that ultimate slob, that can't even be bothered to move their arms. :rolleyes:

[quote name='gershi' date='05 December 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1291584609' post='228675']so can you show me an example? i think i can guess what you mean but still can´t get it 100% what you mean :huh:
gershi
[/quote]
An example? There isn't an example available... at least not publicly. Could integrate it with this:

Eye tracking software

http://www.gazegroup.org/downloads/23-gazetracker

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.