Colonoscopy - anyone here have one?

zerolagers

I'm scheduled to have one next Friday. I've had some digestive issues over the past year or so - stomach pains, irregularity etc. Enough so, that I mentioned it to my doctor and he recommended this be done.

Here's the thing: I'm 40 years old. I've been a hardcore anal abuser since I was thirteen. There have been many times where I'm certain I permanently damaged myself in some way. I'm not afraid of the procedure itself - I'm sure that will go fine. I'm more concerned with what they'll find out about me from looking around in there. After reading here what happened to kinkyman, I think it's best to find if there's a problem and correct it, but I just don't want to explain myself to some doctor.

I have this suspicion - that if colons can talk, mine would tell quite a story. It probably looks like a war zone in there. :blush:

Has anybody here had this procedure done?

I have not had one but my wife has. She had a pollyp removed. She was straight up with the doctors telling them that anal sex was indeed a large (excuse the pun) part of her sex life. No need to be shy about it........mind you this was in australia not the USA and I am not familiar with the medical system over there.

Don't worry, Zero, colorectal doctors see all sorts of things and they just take it in their stride. If you need a colonoscopy then go ahead and have it done.

Agreed. I had a polyp removed a few years ago, and the doctor never said a thing...treated me with real respect. I don't think he cared in the slightest. I walked out of there feeling proud of myself for dealing with the embarrassment, and making sure I'd stay healthy. But, I was definitely apprehensive before the procedure. :-)

The procedure went without any trouble - one polyp was found and removed. The doctor found nothing out of the ordinary.

So it's official: my colon is in great shape. I'm going back to enjoying some big toys again.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.