RAPIDSHARE???

anllover

Well it looks like RS is finally done playing ball. From what I can tell there is no more rewards program therefor no insensitive for uploaders to upload to RS... actually there is no reason to even keep already uploaded files at RS.

When this all started to go down, I said I would give it a little while before I acted. Time is almost up and I call for any and all uploaders to do the same.

I intend to email RS and tell them how upset I am with the constant changes they have made as well as tell them I know they built their business by their rewards program and I will not stand by while they use my hard work and files to sell more accounts. Without uploaders and content RS will not have anything.

Say good bye to the RS era. Edited by anllover

Agreed.
The main reason I used rapidshare was that it paid back itself, you upload good material, people download it, in exchange you extend your account and you can keep downloading. But now with that reward program gone, I don't see any more reason why people should stick with rapidshare.
I've been thinking of switching to sharingmatrix, it's been getting much more reliable since it first started, files don't seem to get deleted nearly as fast as with rapidshare and you get paid for downloads.

Yea, I have been meaning to PM you about that!

I made the mistake of joining their "free premier section"

That was probably a mistake!!!!

Now I cannot even DL anything from RS
without a membership- that I have to pay for!!!!

I have gone on the web, asking how to
cancel that account so that I can at least DL again....
& NO-ONE has a clue how to get back out of their
"PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP"!!!!!

Now every time I try to DL a vid
my "MEMBERSHIP" pops up....
& tells me I need to pay for my "MEMBERSHIP"

I have not tried it on my laptop yet
(that is not "registered" at RS)
Butt do NOT let them talk you into registering....
You will not be able to DL ANYTHING THEN!!!!!

The fall of a great host....
Alas....all things change>>>>>>

--bf

Yea, my laptop,
which I have never connected to RS
still has the "free" DL option....
Butt I cannot seem to get my real comp
off that "PREMIUM" shit!!!!

If anyone has found a way to undo that....
PM me!!!!

--bf Edited by bumperfan

bumperfan - have you tried deleteing cookies and history all that jazz? might not hurt.

sharematrix huh? I will look into them. Personally I have not had much problem DL from them.

RS has gotten big enough it is moving to the power money. anyway...

I would love if anyone could post links to other topics at other boards on this subject.
When I have a few free minutes I will link at least one forum's topic.

rapidshare doesnt give rewards to uploaders... now its like every other file hosting option out there. they still offer the best speeds.

rapidshare and hotfile are the two most popular file hosting services out there. this forum is horrible for abusing shitty file hosts like sharing matrix, orion and so on. this place needs to settle on two universal hosts that files need to be uploaded to.

[quote name='nervx' date='16 July 2010 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1279262606' post='190037']
rapidshare doesnt give rewards to uploaders... now its like every other file hosting option out there.[/quote]

Pretty much my point. While I will agree RS is probably the fastest, there are a few that are pretty close. Mega and DF are both pretty fast for me. One of the newer ones is also pretty damn fast.

[quote name='nervx' date='16 July 2010 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1279262606' post='190037']this forum is horrible for abusing shitty file hosts like sharing matrix, orion and so on.[/quote]

Well atm there are two choices, upload to whatever host you want to use and post OR don't post. Nobody is being forced to post content and nobody will be forced to use a specific hoster.
This is a community and we should help each other out. If there is a file on sharematrix that many cannot get the COMMUNITY SPIRITED GUY would DL that file and re-upload (mirror) that file in the same topic.... well people really do not like to play ball like that as it is too much work for little->no satisfaction.
Funny thing is I was about to start doing just that, making mirrors but RS has shot down that idea.

I have never been one to put on a Nike hat and run around as a living commercial advertising for a huge company that does not even know I exist nor would ever care about me and doing it for free. Therefor I will be damned if I will continue to help rapidshare with their huge corporate venture if it does not benefit me.
If you recall when RS started the made a huge stink about FILES HOSTED FOREVER!!! Yeah, I guess forever can be measured in about 3-4 years. And think about this RS statement:
[i]However, we are happy about every single user response that we have received as this is the only way we can learn what our users really want.[/i]
There is no way in hell they could honestly think we wanted this type of change. They simply do not care.

http://bolt.org/board/showthread.php?t=421842
not sure if you will have to register to see the thread.
several other topics in that section also.

any have any other links to discussions about this?

[quote name='nervx' date='16 July 2010 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1279262606' post='190037']rapidshare and hotfile are the two most popular file hosting services out there. this forum is horrible for abusing shitty file hosts like sharing matrix, orion and so on. this place needs to settle on two universal hosts that files need to be uploaded to.
[/quote]

Sorry but that's a really bad idea. I've seen forums go down because of rules like that. As an uploader you are providing a service to other people, you're uploading files to share with other people out of good will. If you restrict uploaders from using their prefered file host they're just gonna say fuck it and go to another forum.

^^ to put that into context Bolt was a rapidshare only forum for a long long long time. It was only recently they allowed other hosters. It actually worked awesomely until RS decided to crap on its uploaders.

[quote]As an uploader you are providing a service to other people, you're uploading files to share with other people out of good will.[/quote]
Totally agree and that is why we have not restricted hosts.

[quote name='Dats' date='17 July 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1279364178' post='190318']
Sorry but that's a really bad idea. I've seen forums go down because of rules like that. As an uploader you are providing a service to other people, you're uploading files to share with other people out of good will. If you restrict uploaders from using their prefered file host they're just gonna say fuck it and go to another forum.
[/quote]

they can still upload to whatever crappy host they want but there should be a secondary(mirrored) links option uploaded on one of the two prefered host sites. another forum i frequent uses this method and the userbase there eclipses this one easily by a factor of 1000:1 if not more. it hasnt been a problem. they use rapidshare/hotfile primarily... although hotfile looks to be taking over since uploaders can earn money.

Guest deeply
Some user orders a pepperoni pizza, and gets a ham and pineapple.

Even if there's no pepperoni available, compromises are made valid first, by an agreement beforehand.

If some user orders pepperoni, sometimes they may be users that can't have ham and pineapple, so really, to validate every request, is to respond reciprocally in turn.

Every user making a request, therefore has to put NO EXCEPTIONS in their request, when it comes to their topping preference.

There's responsibility lacking on both sides: upload user AND request user.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.