The Scotts must be right about this one!!!

anllover

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_bar

tips;
make sure you have a good batter
poke the bar with a toothpick, dip in batter, and spin toothpic to drop into the oil.
if the batter layer fails your chocolate will leak out.

suggestion;
go all the way, you've gone this far - SPRINKLE WITH POWDERED SUGAR

i have tried this and damn if i ever need to gain a few pounds this is the BEST way.

please eat responsably.

disclamer;
do not make and eat this if you are concerned about your health.

QUOTE(anllover @ Apr 28 2007, 12:28 AM) [snapback]16322[/snapback]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-fried_Mars_bar

tips;
make sure you have a good batter
poke the bar with a toothpick, dip in batter, and spin toothpic to drop into the oil.
if the batter layer fails your chocolate will leak out.

suggestion;
go all the way, you've gone this far - SPRINKLE WITH POWDERED SUGAR
i have tried this and damn if i ever need to gain a few pounds this is the BEST way.
please eat responsably.

disclamer;
do not make and eat this if you are concerned about your health.

i should have just a friend from canada cooking that and inviting me to eat, to make me taste it
joking: to be honest i dont like mars that much, but is it so heavenly then? makes me curious
i can argue that scottish cuisine is a bit heavier than mediterranean one jester.gif Edited by gninori

QUOTE(gninori @ Apr 27 2007, 10:54 PM) [snapback]16351[/snapback]

.....but is it so heavenly then? makes me curious....

it is transformed into a mouse like french type pastry treat drool.gif eat.gif wub.gif notworthy.gif

A friend of mine was lookin after a hotel in Scotland and the local pizza shop served deep freud pizza. Holy fuck..... that'll give you a heart attack. She said it was really enjoyable tho she wouldn't have made it a staple. Yeah the mars are yummy. My fave is deep fried King Island blue cheese (ya get that from Oz). mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

QUOTE(Mooky @ May 8 2007, 06:09 AM) [snapback]19874[/snapback]

.....My fave is deep fried King Island blue cheese (ya get that from Oz). mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

now there is another interestint twist. Anthony Bordain has/d a show, A Cooks Tour, in which he traveled the world eating allthe crazy weird foods and said they also had deep fried hard boiled eggs in Scottland.

• 1 month later...
I once saw tv-chef Nigella Lawson (Nigella Bites) rolling a bounty bar in batter and then frying it. This can't be bad at all, but I've never tried it because I'm anal about what people put into my fryer tongue.gif

QUOTE(mxdil @ Jun 24 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]32834[/snapback]

......rolling a bounty bar in batter and then frying it....

and a bounty is a damn fine candy bar. would be very nice done in this fashion jester.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.