CBR Files

alongeasy

Im like reading comic but i like them in image file. But there r a few guys who like reading and saving file in CBR format. I dont know what is that. But i do know that CBR is just like a book.
The question is, what software can i use to view CBR file? Is there a free software or do i must use a crack software?
Can I convert the image inside CBR to real Image. Maybe one day if the software is missing im still can enjoy the story.

Yes, CBRs are RAR files containing pictures (usually JPGs) renamed to CBR extension. Rename them to RAR and you can handle and extract them like RAR files.
(But WinRAR can handle them with the original CBR extension too, so it recognize their real filetype: the RAR, when you want to extract them. So you don't need to rename them really, but maybe it's easier to you with the RAR extension.)

The same goes to CBZs, wich are ZIPs.

And you can extract the images from the PDFs and DJVs too, but that's another story.

actually I noticed some pdf s have read to extract pictures with the pic toolbar but it doesn't work for all pdf... besides I am sure the super wizard marci has a real trick up his sorcerer's sleeve.

No, not with WinRAR, but with another programs. I've mentioned the PDFs and DJVs here becouse they contains pictures frequently, like CBRs and CBZs.
Sometimes I extract a few pictures from the PDFs becouse I want to have only those pics and not the whole PDF. Or sometimes all pictures from a PDF comic. Or sometimes a text page from the PDF in image format.

Here's a link to those programs if you don't have them and want to use them:
http://rapidshare.com/files/103347293/pdf2pics.zip
6 MB, screenshots included.

It contains:

Office Image Exporter
www.rinasoft.com/screen.htm
It can extracts only the images from PDFs, Word and PowerPoint documents without reencoding, in their original form (original extension, resulution), if you select to save original form instead of JPGs. No batch interface, and scans all of the document, saves all pictures.
But sometimes doesn't work. Then try PDF Image Extraction Wizard, which is a very similar program. www.rlvision.com/pdfwiz/about.asp

AdultPDF PDF To Image Converter
www.adultpdf.com/products/pdftoimage/index.html
Don't get fooled becouse it's name, it does not contain any adult material. biggrin.gif
It can convert the pages of a PDF document into images, no matter it is text or pic. So always reencoding, you must set the resolution of the pictures wanted. (Best set to the max 200%, becouse the default 100% means "fit the entire page on the screen", which is not enough for good resolution pictures.) Good batch interface, you can set the extraction range.
Becouse of the reencoding (screen-capture-alike) technology it always works, but if not, try the similar program: VeryPDF PDF To Image Converter. www.verypdf.com/pdf2tif/pdf-to-image/help.htm

But if the PDF is password protected... there are several pass-remover programs, but that's another story again... smile.gif

Oh, and yes, Acrobat Reader's picture toolbar works well sometimes, like anllover mentioned. Edited by marci

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.