WINRAR

freya4

HI I DOWNLOADED WINRAR PROGRAMME FOR UNZIPPING RAR FILES AND FOUND IT HARD TO USE AND HAVE HAD NO SUCCESS IS THERE AN EASIER PROGRAMME I CAN USE?

I use IZArc and find it works fine. When I have downloaded the files I want to view I right-click on them and select IZArc and "extract here" ; I find that the easiest way to use IZArc (rather than opening it fully). Edited by hangbelly

QUOTE(kareela4 @ Mar 17 2008, 07:34 AM) [snapback]85100[/snapback]

HI I DOWNLOADED WINRAR PROGRAMME FOR UNZIPPING RAR FILES AND FOUND IT HARD TO USE AND HAVE HAD NO SUCCESS IS THERE AN EASIER PROGRAMME I CAN USE?

I had the same initial experience with winRAR. The problem was I was downloading files that had been split and trying to view them, not knowing these split files needed to be joined with their counterparts. I thought it was winRAR. I now use the shareware cc: of winRAR from the RARlabs site, and it's been working perfectly.

For what it's worth - I've heard 7zip is a great program - I've not used it.
cheers

• 2 months later...
I bought WinRar but I can`t unzip .7z files (like the files on http://musolari.blogspot.com/ )
I selected .7z on the settings but still when I right click a .7z file the unpack option does not appear on the context menu.... I tried manually as well. It says "unknown format or damaged file" every time.

Edited: Problem solved thanx to our great mod Gninori

cb Edited by curiousboy

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.