Cleaning and storing pvc toys

Learning

Hello, I just got my first big (for me) dildo and it is phthalate free pvc. I would you like to know what you guys do to clean, Store and care for your pvc toys. How do I prevent it from getting smelly and are there other things to look out for? 

Hope you guys can help a newcummer in the game. 

Kind regards 

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first big toy :)

I don't want to discourage you right away, but there is no good way to clean (as in sanitize) PVC toys.

It's a good start that it's phthalate free, but the other major problem with PVC is germs because it's a porous material.

Here's an informative article/blog post about sex toy materials I found a few years ago

https://dangerouslilly.com/toxictoys/

The safest way to use your toy would probably be to prevent getting dirt/germs/whatever on it as much as possible by using a condom or something. Not a great solution and costly in the long run, but an ok way of damage reduction with PVC toys.

As for storage: Don't keep it in contact with other things made of PVC as that makes them degrade really fast. The same goes for oils and oil based lubes on PVC, which will trigger that same degradation of the material while it's inside of your body. You want that to happen a little a possible.

As I said above, I don't want to discourage you early in your journey. It's not the end of the world, it's not gonna kill you. It's just a bit of a health risk (especially in the long run, though some people get immediate reactions like a burning sensation) that you should probably avoid with your next toy.

The good news is that people usually outgrow toys pretty fast as they start stretching. The 2.2 inch diameter you mentioned in your other thread might feel huge now, but since you decided to make a account on this board, it probably won't feel that big a year from now ;)

So enjoy your toy as it lasts and once you outgrow it, get yourself some bigger silicone toys. It starts getting pricy at huge sizes, but your first upgrades from 2.2" probably won't break your bank.

Happy pounding!
:)

Edited by jeffb

9 hours ago, jeffb said:

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first big toy :)

I don't want to discourage you right away, but there is no good way to clean (as in sanitize) PVC toys.

It's a good start that it's phthalate free, but the other major problem with PVC is germs because it's a porous material.

Here's an informative article/blog post about sex toy materials I found a few years ago

https://dangerouslilly.com/toxictoys/

The safest way to use your toy would probably be to prevent getting dirt/germs/whatever on it as much as possible by using a condom or something. Not a great solution and costly in the long run, but an ok way of damage reduction with PVC toys.

As for storage: Don't keep it in contact with other things made of PVC as that makes them degrade really fast. The same goes for oils and oil based lubes on PVC, which will trigger that same degradation of the material while it's inside of your body. You want that to happen a little a possible.

As I said above, I don't want to discourage you early in your journey. It's not the end of the world, it's not gonna kill you. It's just a bit of a health risk (especially in the long run, though some people get immediate reactions like a burning sensation) that you should probably avoid with your next toy.

The good news is that people usually outgrow toys pretty fast as they start stretching. The 2.2 inch diameter you mentioned in your other thread might feel huge now, but since you decided to make a account on this board, it probably won't feel that big a year from now ;)

So enjoy your toy as it lasts and once you outgrow it, get yourself some bigger silicone toys. It starts getting pricy at huge sizes, but your first upgrades from 2.2" probably won't break your bank.

Happy pounding!
:)

HEY Jeffb, thanks a lot for your reply. It's a shame and it's such a lovely dildo, but I hear you and read the article and will from now on only invest in silicone products. I think I'll use this dildo for a while until it's time to upgrade and cross my fingers it won't get smelly. 

For my toys I simply clean them with mild hand soap and let them air dry. I use Crown Royal bags that keeps them separated from each other and dry.

11 hours ago, EventHorizon said:

For my toys I simply clean them with mild hand soap and let them air dry. I use Crown Royal bags that keeps them separated from each other and dry.

Alright, good to know. Thanks :)

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.