toys melting !

afxacid

Ok so i got a large size "three bangs for your butt plug" a while ago, it's a nice toy and can almost take the second head now, anyway i put it in my toy box with some others and i noticed that it was on top of my "XL perfect fit tunnel plug" and the tunnel plug had deep indentations melted into it from where the 3 bangs plug had been on top of it! i mean what the fuck.

so there most have been some sort of chemical reaction between the two toys. i really don't like this, it just worries me a bit. and i don't want to take the tunnel plug now because of what happened to it.

can anyone tell me what happened, if this is common and is there a possible fix for it

thanks.

If your both toys are silicone they produce a chemical  bound between the two items. You should try to keep them apart. A simple cloth will solve your problem.

I've read about this happening with latex rubber. Mainly the "real skin" type rubber. I read a lot of information when I started building my collection and there were a few stories about storage and keeping certain types of toy material away from others. I individually wrap each one to avoid any contact between them. If the toys are 100% silicone then this should not be happening according to what I've read. That really sux!

This happened once to me too.. I didnt keep the melted one

Most of the polymers used to make toys have some kind of plasticizer inside, which helps keep them soft and smooth (think of the difference between any PVC toys you've seen compared to PVC water pipes at home or at work). If you have a toy that is still leaching a bit of plasticizer and that toy comes in contact with another, the second toy could certainly be "melted" by the first. It's not terribly different from using the wrong lube (oil-based lube on latex and silicone-based lube on silicone toys), because the polymer is being dissolved by the plasticizer (or wrong lube) in the same way that the "glue" used in plastic model airplanes/cars actually temporarily dissolves the mating surfaces to create a bond.

The prospect of plasticizers leaching out of toys and into your orifices is why some people forego using toys made from jelly-like plastics, as those will be more susceptible to leach than the hard natural rubbers and silicones. Even if you aren't one of these people, it's a good idea to store your toys such that they don't touch. Cloth (particularly natural fibers instead of the synthetics) should work if you don't keep the original packaging. And always, always make sure you are using the right lube at all times - mineral oil, butter, and vegetable shortening are incompatible with latex, silicone lube doesn't work with silicone toys - and are carefully washing all the lube off before storage, particularly if you have multiple materials in your toy collection.

That polymers class in college is paying off in unexpected ways....

Thanks for the very informative reply.

interesting what you said about the plasticizer still leaching because my newest toy sill has a very strong odor of silicone or something to it.

i only use water based lube with my toys, so i think that should be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the exact same thing happen to me with the exact same toy in my box.. just like the others, I was sad because I like that toy and I had to pitch it out... :-(

• 4 weeks later...

I bought tube socks and put the toys in them. That way they call all be stored together with no chance of touching.

• 1 month later...
wow they are so nice, I showed my wife and she said boys and the toys. love old cars ___ [b]SocPlugin[/b]: Best software for advertisement in social networks

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.