Browser Challenge?

anllover

After some very strong views after I started a topic about MozillaFireFox, I decided to do some research of my own. I would like to offer you to join in with me as I check out the several browswers in search for the best tool.

I now have intstalled;
InternetExplorer
MoxillaFireFox
MoxillaSeaMonkey
Opera
Safari

I learned to hate Netscape long ago and dont trust AOL which I beleive they are now paired with. So unless there is a die-hard Netscape fan they are out wink.gif

Anyone up to the challange? Anyone?

You know, with a little (OK, more than a little - but not a lot) coding you can design your OWN browser.
Both iE and FF offer their "rendering engines" as objects on Windows.
- All you have to do is code the interface - like bookmarks and whatever else you want besides viewing websites...

I would rather spend my time uploading and downloading movies, or learning to crack before I would want to design my own browser. Besides i really do like Mozilla FireFox. One must learn for himself and that is why I am test driving all these browsers.

I do understand what you are saying, and if I was a bit younger maybe I would have the off hand computer knowledge all the kids get in school these days.

Frankly I think the browser I would want would take alot of coding. My mozilla has snap links, and an imagegrabber. video downloader and the best bookmarking system I can imagine. Still I dont know what is out there untill i try myself eh.

Thanks for commenting BimBoy. I always enjoy reading you. We seem to come together a bit in the forum.

Take care
anllover

QUOTE(anllover @ Nov 9 2007, 05:05 AM) [snapback]63568[/snapback]

...I now have intstalled;
InternetExplorer
MoxillaFireFox
MoxillaSeaMonkey
Opera
Safari

I learned to hate Netscape long ago and dont trust AOL which I beleive they are now paired with. So unless there is a die-hard Netscape fan they are out wink.gif

Anyone up to the challange? Anyone?

QUOTE(anllover @ Nov 9 2007, 05:43 PM) [snapback]63669[/snapback]

I would rather spend my time uploading and downloading movies, or learning to crack before I would want to design my own browser.

maybe you should dump all browsers except firefox and just upload and download wink.gif tongue.gif crazy.gif laugh.gif

for me firefox is still the best. haven´t checked ie7 so far. heard it´s good. but then again - the less microsoft you have running the better your system will run wink.gif pimp.gif

I am tempted to do just as gershi suggests, unless there are some Opera or Safari Master that want to help me though the learning process.

I have found many kick ass plugins for firefox that I feel the others just cannot touch. snaplinks, internotes, adblock plus, just to name a couple. There are so many kick ass easy to find and work features to firefox is isnt funny.

anyone? or are we all firefoxers?

QUOTE(gershi @ Nov 9 2007, 03:42 PM) [snapback]63707[/snapback]

maybe you should dump all browsers except firefox and just upload and download wink.gif tongue.gif crazy.gif laugh.gif

for me firefox is still the best. haven´t checked ie7 so far. heard it´s good. but then again - the less microsoft you have running the better your system will run wink.gif pimp.gif

I think I just might do that, but I might even stop the uploading. I have discovered so many tricks with the add-ons its amazing. No more need wasting much time uploading, with the picture grabbing and batch video features, one click pic saving, translation devices, easy layout change, switch search and add search features, THE EASIEST BOOKMARKING PERIOD excl.gif etc. the only thing it doesnt seem to do is jerk me off notworthy.gif and I bet I can get a device that hooks into the usb for that laugh.gif laugh.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.