The memory

curiousboy

I casually found (actually on one of my favorite link sites) this article on national geographic`s which I found very interesting.
So If you have a few spare minutes between a wank and the next one jester.gif here you got someth for your smoked up brain cells crazy.gif jester.gif pimp.gif :

http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/20.../foer-text.html

Cheers buddies,

cb Edited by curiousboy

QUOTE(Tangerine @ Oct 22 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]59731[/snapback]

Thanks for the brain link, friend ! I'll read it later, my memory is so poor now… wink.gif (^ ^) jester.gif

..same as mine..puff-puff jester.gif cool.gif
Hugs, M8!

QUOTE(gninori @ Oct 22 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]59763[/snapback]

a bit long but very interesting
and i now remember to have seen the great
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/
do you remember to have seen it too?

No, my roman centurion, I haven`t...yet.
But, I`ve seen this one:

50 first dates

Which is a commedy about the same sindrome; even I usually don`t watch commedies so much, I quite liked this one.

Ciao, amici,

cb

momento was pretty good and pretty weird. out there almost if i remember right.

as to 50 first dates, damn funny made even funnier by this guys character;
IPB Image

and as to memory, i too have experience with it, but i honestly forget what that was pimp.gif
nah... i smoke weed and my wife had chemotherapy - and there is something called chemo-brain... a real pickle trust me mellow.gif

QUOTE(anllover @ Oct 22 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]59790[/snapback]

momento was pretty good and pretty weird. out there almost if i remember right.

as to 50 first dates, damn funny made even funnier by the character of this guy...

The link says "referral denied" but I bet you mean this guy:

IPB Image
Right?

ciao,
cb
Edited:Hem, now it appeared....so forget it, we was talking about the same guy, like I suppoused. Edited by curiousboy

as for us reg mods we have an ediquette for posting pics wink.gif

we try to hyperlink the pic to some words also wink.gif so IF the site blocks the linking you can still get the pic WITHOUT edit to get link....

plus with referral denied either hit "refresh" or "go" in the address bar and pic should load biggrin.gif

and when we add the link from uploading to rosebutt we make sure the tag is posted correctly laugh.gif

but yes that is the guy
IPB Image

very interesting article, cb pimp.gif cb, i really have to tell you that you´re an interesting man pimp.gif you seem to like to know as much of the world´s wisdom as i do laugh.gif weird but good to find such thoughts on a hardcore anal board crazy.gif

i just read the first page (the following pages will come later). a few thoughts came to my mind.

i think my memory works in a very graphical way. i remember situations by the images they create in my brain. a few very special situations in my life i remember if i was there, same place and time, again. my "enlightment" at the borobodur temple at java (i told about it in the moderator´s corner) cool.gif the moment my wife walked in the church at our marriage, led by her father and me waiting for her at the altar wub.gif the moments my kids were born 3place.gif my first lsd trip blink.gif and maybe the time i opened the door to tang and hugged him laugh.gif

when i think of these situations i not only have an image in front of me but feel the sunshine again warming my skin, see again how lovely my wife´s wedding dress looked (tang, you know. the drapery of the cloth wink.gif ), hear again the first cries of my kids smile.gif know again to have met a good friend friends.gif it´s like i can relive these situations.

but i´m rather poor (and with smoking weed get poorer and poorer crazy.gif ) at remembering details for everyday situations. i´m quite good organized so that´s no real problem but i think i more life on a few really important situations in my life but on remembering everything wink.gif

so i guess memory and what you call a good memory is very personal. scientists may count the number of details one remembers and the more you remember the better your memory is. but it´s not as simple as that pimp.gif

maybe more when i have finished the reading cool.gif

gershi Edited by gershi

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.