Spam/ phishing

pinel50

Mods and guys

Beware Riegz104 and Soreni104 (sure to be the same asshole) spamming and/or phishing in the Photos stream.

Please remove and block them.

Jack - unhappy :angry2:

Mods and guys

Beware Riegz104 and Soreni104 (sure to be the same asshole) spamming and/or phishing in the Photos stream.

Please remove and block them.

Jack - unhappy :angry2:

ok, tks, riegz104 and soreni154 blocked

And Lamitis101 is from the same home - another spammer/ phisher.

Please beware and block.

Jack - pissed!  :furious:

• 2 weeks later...

There is another spammer again: Gorro120 and Cesse853. Be aware!

tks. these spammers constantly change IP and are now using images, not words nor direct links, to promote their shit hot69cam and so it's difficult to locate and/or filter them. if any good member here has any idea on how to fight them they're warmly invited to offer tips and suggestions

Edited by gninori

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said, it didn't start until the format change, so maybe it's worth trying a couple weeks with the format changed back again and see if it still happens.

Also, it would probably be a good idea if the forum is set up to require that the admins approve a new user who registers, if it's currently automatic. It means there'd be more work for the admins, but it's already going to be a lot of work to try and continuously ban these spammers. So if it's going to be work either way, admin approval on registrations is at least proactive rather than reactive.

They could also try temporarily not allowing images in posts. Previews from uploads could still be linked instead of put directly in the forum post. I'd bet if the spammers aren't actually capable of posting for a few weeks they'll be gone and then the image posting could be allowed again.

Does the site use any kind of CAPTCHA verification when a user registers? If not, that'd be worth setting up, too, if possible.

Okay I investigate situtaion and it looks as promotion of imlive in real. I will contact imlive then to they remvoe this afiliate.

• 3 weeks later...

The spam ended for a few days and has now returned.

Yup spammers are assholes and normaly they are stupid but some are very tricky so they find new ways and you have to find ways to fight against it nervs but you can´t kill them all when you want that normal people can post here.

:)

Oh, it's not a matter of whining or something on my part, I know how the internet can be. I just also know xthorgal said up above that it was related to an ad service that was being used here and he was going to ask them to stop that invasive ad, so I was bringing it up for the sake of letting him know they haven't complied with his request, if he's made it yet.

thank You for info. I will contact with them again.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.