SICKO

gninori

a documentary with a thesis, a strong thesis, not neutral as watching coupling lions on BBC, but one of the best i've ever seen
as a film it's really well done, moving sometimes, enlightining, it makes you feel still hopeful about the human fate, a great simple lesson on democracy (when that old wise english ex-MP was talking i felt that not everything is lost, we still can build a better future, humanity can still go ahead, take a step further in its social evolution, the voice of the founding fathers of the '600 and 700 revolutions yet reverberates)
i asked to myself: why is it so touching? it's only because the devious director was scheming and leading us almost to tears and was there something else? yes, there was
the film talks about one of the deepest, basic features of our being human animal beings: our health
we give that as granted, when strong and young, or anyway we confide that if we lose it we might take care of it, with help from outside
of course everyone can die, but we think that we are otherwise being helped to survive or find again a decent life
is that always so?
health, good health is what makes us working living beings, maybe more important than the pursuit of happiness, and love, etc...
and i couldnt help thinking of my canadian and french friends here when watching the movie
i really suggest they watch the film friends.gif
apart from sterile arguments about moore and his films, this one is first and foremost a very good and profound film, what the best cinema is apt to be able to create Edited by gninori

i have it on dvd... pirated copy from the chinese vendors up here.

very good stuff. Michael Moore thinks alot of the way i do. from most of what i recall about what MM said about the States is pretty much about right, depending on of course what state you live in. But the info provided about Canada is a bit OFF. He went to Windsor, a small city right across from Detroit. and it was probably so, but EVERY time i have been to the hospital (for wife or her daughter) it was a very very long wait and it isnt always the best care. i digress.

the point about how health has been pushed aside for "other more important things" is VERY DISGUSTING. although the same can be said about some of the other shit going down in this world. i am not sure if the stats were legit but i read recently machettes are the biggest killer other than handguns. so there really must be some crappy places to live in the world - i never hear about machette killers here.

• 2 months later...
i thought it was excellent, even though i don't care for michael moore that much.

being from the united states, it made me angry with no real recourse for justice, so now i just get to be mad now every time i think of the whole situation. like i'm just some stupid, pathetic american and people in every other country look at me with disgust...

QUOTE(anuspainus @ Nov 12 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]64098[/snapback]

i thought it was excellent, even though i don't care for michael moore that much.

being from the united states, it made me angry with no real recourse for justice, so now i just get to be mad now every time i think of the whole situation. like i'm just some stupid, pathetic american and people in every other country look at me with disgust...

It`s what you think and what you say, man, not where you come from!
Disgusting is what they (Bush & Co) are doing with your country...and I bet you are agree!

Cheers, mate,

cb

QUOTE(curiousboy @ Nov 18 2007, 07:45 AM) [snapback]65300[/snapback]

It`s what you think and what you say, man, not where you come from!
Disgusting is what they (Bush & Co) are doing with your country...and I bet you are agree!

Cheers, mate,

cb

Perfect reply mio amico, we sure don't mix our belovedmuhahah political leaders acts and those who "elect " them. We love ya all, yankee-doodle members !!!! love.gif (^^^) friends.gif Edited by Tangerine

First off, Let's not forget whom Michael Moore is. He is a pompous, arrogant ass, that is clueless about what is and isn't the real United States of America. Michael's first movie 'Roger & Me' was about General Motors and the problems with them closing factories in Michigan. He felt people in Michigan were getting screwed and was compelled to write a documentary on it. But alas, GM did indeed move the vast majority of it's factories and assembly plants to Canada and Mexico. Why? Cheap labor thats why. What he didn't let you in on, is that since that film was done, things are much worse in good 'ol Michigan. The city in the U.S. with the highest crime rate is none other than GM, Ford, and Chrysler's Corporate Headquarters location, Detroit, Michigan. As far as Michael's home town of Flint, It ranks #2. With Saginaw, Michigan, Cleveland, Ohio, and other former manufacturing cities rounding out the top five. So what the hell did he do for the populous of Michigan? Nothing. Michael moved away from his so called beloved city of Flint years ago. He lives in Manhattan, in a cosy, lavish apartment in the upper east side. Yeah I guess he stuck it too the people of Flint. His second movie 'Bowling for Columbine' was a farce on gun control in the U.S. The NRA (National Rifle Association) is a corporate lobbyist for the control of guns, not the freedom of owning them. What Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris did was reprehensible and heinous to the core. I blame the parents of these two boys. Never watching what they were doing and being active in their lives. The buck should've stopped with them but it didn't. We have had mass killings in the past in this country that have gone literally undetected. Murder and rape of innocent young black girls went on in the south for years and still goes on. Nobody seems to talk about that, now do they. But when terror hits mainstream America, somebody must pay. Moore's third movie 'Fahrenheit 911' was another farce of not stating the facts and the truth about the day of September, 11th, 2001. I personally lost a close college friend, whom was a Port Authority Police Officer on that day. He is now part of history and one of the 2,752 people that lost and sacrificed their lives on that day. I owe it to him to continue to find and search for the real truth of what happened on that day. I can't comment on 'Sicko' yet because I have not seen it.
I consider myself a patriot. A patriot because of what I believe in and what I do on a daily basis in my life. Inform people of the true liberties of this country, and how great this nation could and should be. Corporate greed, hate, and the personal desire to lie cheat and steal is now common place in the U.S. IT has become a nation without a soul. A nation without a heart. And the world is watching it all slip away under the name of National Security and the Patriot Act. God help us all....

MD

Sorry Marlin but the only solution that MIGHT work for the WEST is to have WWIII drop down on Bush and remove him like the world did with Hitler.

Western politicians have learned alot from Hitler. Mostly HOW FAR they can go, and WHAT LINES no to cross. Hitler would have gotten away with it IF he didnt..... lets just say he jumped in his car and started taking over everything Straight Down The Road. The USA has the smarts to jump around the world picking and choosing thier conquests.

And the funnest thing (sick funny not haha funny) is the American People are about the most 2 faced inhuman people on the earth! Selfish and hatefull bags of flesh. NOT ALL but a majority are... why else would the entire country keep turning thier backs at the shameful way THEIR companies do business?
Sure shit on Michael Moore. He is fat and ... well a good target. What can he really do about Flint? Just through money at the town. Come on, have you an answer? Fuck if i bettered myself and had no way to turn around the SLUM I lived in, damn straight I would more also. At least he is spreading the INFO NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR about shameful companies.

Do any Americans remember the big push many many years about, "buy with the 'made in america' label" You fucking clowns DIDNT buy. And no wonder the GM, FORD, NIKE, and whatever are going next door.

Attitude is the key problem in the WEST. perhaps you should ALL read about Iceland. and then come back here and tell me WHY I SAID to.

Indeed a documentary film done good that from particularly serious information on the state of the health American! Approval all!

QUOTE(gninori @ Sep 6 2007, 10:33 PM) [snapback]50457[/snapback]

a documentary with a thesis, a strong thesis, not neutral as watching coupling lions on BBC, but one of the best i've ever seen
as a film it's really well done, moving sometimes, enlightining, it makes you feel still hopeful about the human fate, a great simple lesson on democracy (when that old wise english ex-MP was talking i felt that not everything is lost, we still can build a better future, humanity can still go ahead, take a step further in its social evolution, the voice of the founding fathers of the '600 and 700 revolutions yet reverberates)
i asked to myself: why is it so touching? it's only because the devious director was scheming and leading us almost to tears and was there something else? yes, there was
the film talks about one of the deepest, basic features of our being human animal beings: our health
we give that as granted, when strong and young, or anyway we confide that if we lose it we might take care of it, with help from outside
of course everyone can die, but we think that we are otherwise being helped to survive or find again a decent life
is that always so?
health, good health is what makes us working living beings, maybe more important than the pursuit of happiness, and love, etc...
and i couldnt help thinking of my canadian and french friends here when watching the movie
i really suggest they watch the film friends.gif
apart from sterile arguments about moore and his films, this one is first and foremost a very good and profound film, what the best cinema is apt to be able to create

QUOTE(anllover @ Nov 20 2007, 07:08 AM) [snapback]65722[/snapback]

Sorry Marlin but the only solution that MIGHT work for the WEST is to have WWIII drop down on Bush and remove him like the world did with Hitler.

Western politicians have learned alot from Hitler. Mostly HOW FAR they can go, and WHAT LINES no to cross. Hitler would have gotten away with it IF he didnt..... lets just say he jumped in his car and started taking over everything Straight Down The Road. The USA has the smarts to jump around the world picking and choosing thier conquests.

And the funnest thing (sick funny not haha funny) is the American People are about the most 2 faced inhuman people on the earth! Selfish and hatefull bags of flesh. NOT ALL but a majority are... why else would the entire country keep turning thier backs at the shameful way THEIR companies do business?
Sure shit on Michael Moore. He is fat and ... well a good target. What can he really do about Flint? Just through money at the town. Come on, have you an answer? Fuck if i bettered myself and had no way to turn around the SLUM I lived in, damn straight I would more also. At least he is spreading the INFO NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR about shameful companies.

Do any Americans remember the big push many many years about, "buy with the 'made in america' label" You fucking clowns DIDNT buy. And no wonder the GM, FORD, NIKE, and whatever are going next door.

Attitude is the key problem in the WEST. perhaps you should ALL read about Iceland. and then come back here and tell me WHY I SAID to.

I agree with you on a couple of things anllover. I live amongst the very people I detest. Lazy, Cheap, Clueless, and out of touch, are most people in the U.S. If I can drive my Sport Ute, Listen to my iPod, and stop by Starbucks every day than life is good. WAKE UP YOU IGNORANT AND STUPID SPOON FED AMERICAN FUCKS!! We still have the ability to build and manufacturer some of the finest things in the world. But they won't be on WALMART's shevles any time soon. America is a lost nation. And Michael Moore with them. How to save Flint and all of the cities downtrodden from the big three pull out to other countries? Simple. WAR!! And it's coming to a theater near you. That is how all of mankind has survived, and all of us are no different. Are you ready to be inoculated for the sake of your National Security? It has started here and is coming to a country near you. There is something much more powerful driving all of this bullshit. A new World Order. And most of us aren't part of it. Take care boy's and girl's.... wink.gif

yeah its funny all the pride but America's favorite store is Wal-mart selling NOTHING BUT other world slave labor goods. pretty hypocritical. America can do one thing right... WAR. The leaders would rather do that than HELP themselves. Look at New Orleans. The thing the PEOPLE need to understand is WAR is the answer. But it should be the poeple against the government.

any thoughts on Iceland? blink.gif

QUOTE(anllover @ Nov 20 2007, 08:08 AM) [snapback]65722[/snapback]

friends.gif
hmmm... well, i have no problem apologizing for the typical opinions that most members of other countries have for the lethargic, whining american. i think that some of it is due to stereotypical views that people have of us because of media highlights that they've seen, or the exploits of the present government. some see us as sword-wielding conquerers, or just "ignorant and stupid spoon-fed american fucks"...

but what i can't do is apologize for all that, and at the same time be called a clown because i don't buy only american made labels.

the reason i don't really care for michael moore has nothing to do with his weight, or what city he lived in, or that he made some money and moved to a better neighborhood. i just don't like the way he delivers his message. i think he's obnoxious. it's almost like hearing from someone who may have a semi-valid opinion, but to hear it, you also have to suffer being called a sick, 2 faced, inhuman, selfish, hateful bag of flesh. to me it just diminishes the message. it makes it hard to listen to.

one thing i've learned is that you can take just about any opinion that someone has about a particular subject (or country, for that matter...) and poke holes in it all day long. there's always a bigger picture. for instance, i think it would be cruel to MANY international governments for the U.S. to suddenly stop trade and "only buy american". china is about to go under right now just because our currency has de-valuated, and americans are still spending.

your opinion is very much like (albeit, drenched with underlying tones of hatred...) the others that i've heard that makes me kind of ashamed to live in the states. but, as with most everything else, there is a dichotomy involved. nothing really meaningful could ever be said about anything when only generalities are spoken. besides... where would i move to? canada? i've learned enough in this short dialogue alone to think that's probably not something i would enjoy. anyway, back to dichotomy... i'm a military man. have been on and off my entire life. since you seem to think that war is really the only thing the U.S. is good at, i'm sure you will immediately form some opinion of me. visions of a blood-thirsty illiterate choking the life out of some under age sweat-shop worker probably come to mind. well, it may surprise you to know that, while on the one hand, i did in fact spend a few years teaching young men how to shoot the wing off a fly 1000 yards away, my patriotism can't be quantified with a catch phrase like "support our troops". my support for the armed forces and any war effort i may be involved in runs much deeper. not a conscientious objector, but more of a conscientious participant, if you'll pardon the play on words. i believe that, more often than not, there is a deeper need for war that involves providing relief to those who suffer injustices (death, extermination, terror, genocide, ethnic cleansing, etc.) and who cannot defend themselves. in this way, i suppose, my beliefs and desire to render aid to those poor unfortunates is directly in line with that of most unselfish canadians, who have been involved in every major war i can name. to a lesser extent, certainly, than their war-mongering southern neighbors, but thats only because canada is a lessor player at the international table.

now, that is not to say that i blindly follow and support my government. on the contrary, i firmly believe that george bush is an idiot whose been groomed almost as a monarch by his wealthy family. i think he's done nearly irreparable damage to this country, and it will take many many years for us to recover. i believe this most recent war in iraq, while providing a necessary relief from the likes of a ruthless dictator, does, in fact, have money (oil...) driven motivations. but i can say, i believe its not strictly about that. and i can also say that the war in afghanistan has nothing to do with oil, and everything to do with the revelation that came to the U.S. regarding just how powerful terrorist factions in the middle east were becoming. do you really have any idea just how powerful the taliban and al-qaeda are? do you really believe that in 30 years, if nothing was done, they wouldn't come stomp the shit out of canada to get to the U.S.? can you imagine what a slap in the face it is to have just spent 16 months crawling around afghanistan trying to make sure you stay safe and enjoy the freedom to get buggered' up the ass all day, then be called a sick, 2 faced, inhuman, selfish, hateful bag of flesh? YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME!

and, i think thats what a LOT of people don't really get. most people have such a conspiratorial view of things... they get a hint of something in their ear and they immediately try and apply what they've heard to one of the "devils" that they personally dislike, which, more often than not, is based on third party opinions and has nothing to do with some first-person interaction of any kind. kinda stupid... like if i developed this big "blueprint for hatred" that involved me not liking canadians, when, in actual fact, i don't really know any. and in spite of things i may have heard, i'm more inclined to think that canadians are fine people.

anyway, love what you've done with the thread. just wanted to stop by and say hi! smile.gif

Most proud Americans would also rather support China instead of buy American made products supporting American workers (many unemployed), kill Afghanis for an earth killing fossil fuel dependence and let New Orleans DROWN, because perhaps it cut into the war budget.

Thats fucking pride. notworthy.gif

btw the chip on your shoulder for being a soldier DURING Bush reign is yours to own, not mine. AND as a soldier YOU DO BLINDLY FOLLOW YOUR GOVERNMENT. That is IF you are a good soldier. tongue.gif

So anyone....... ICELAND???
ok didn't think so.

If you don't know I am born American. Edited by anllover

QUOTE(anllover @ Nov 28 2007, 06:49 AM) [snapback]67168[/snapback]

Most proud Americans would also rather support China instead of buy American made products supporting American workers (many unemployed), kill Afghanis for an earth killing fossil fuel dependence and let New Orleans DROWN, because perhaps it cut into the war budget.

Thats fucking pride. notworthy.gif
btw the chip on your shoulder for being a soldier DURING Bush reign is yours to own, not mine. AND as a soldier YOU DO BLINDLY FOLLOW YOUR GOVERNMENT. That is IF you are a good soldier. tongue.gif
So anyone....... ICELAND???
ok didn't think so.

If you don't know I am born American.

you sure have a lot of strong opinions. i'll bet you take them to your grave.

so am i to assume that all canadians are gay thieves because you stole my signature (and sent me an ass-kissing pm after the fact) and suck cock? just because you ended up there years ago trying to avoid the draft doesn't mean i have a chip on my shoulder, and mentioning it as a way to defend myself against the ravings of a bigoted asshole doesn't put one there either. if anyone does, its you, and it obviously concerns americans.

as a moderator, i would think it would be bad form to make the type of accusations and throw names around at an entire nation of people, when you clearly have a lot of americans here on the site.

and questioning my competency as a soldier? what the hell is that about? you're quite the little spiteful bitch, aren't you?

you should do more homework (like about afghanistan) before throwing all your bullshit around, otherwise you just come off sounding like a fat actress, you pathetic fucking canadian surrender-monkey! friends.gif Edited by anuspainus

well now this looks like an insult throwing fest. I only came here to talk my, yes strong opinions. strong opinions which normally I have the sence to keep outta porn forums. I will drop this now along with the signature I stole rolleyes.gif

@ marlindickwater....... never got that Iceland pm friend.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.