i got a bad bad virus

franki

Hello everybody i sit here on my machine for soooo long time, a bad bad bad virus has killed my machine and i don´t know where i get it! ALLLLL my fisting movies and clips are gone to hell(over 450 GB).Btw my second disc the recovery has gone to hell 2 days ago.On monday i get a new one(monday cry.gif ).What the hell i do for this confusion i don´t know i am not a serial killer or so.Sorry I am soooo frustrated that i must say this.
over 10 years of collecting are gone some i will never get back.OK enough now i must go to bed it was the longest computer session in my life.
Btw: i used avira-premiun,firewall and safety settings!!.
And always smile.gif
cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif cry.gif

Just use a data recovery tool, as long as you haven't overwritten anything on that disk you can still get your movies back even it's it's been formatted or only half functioning. As long as you can access that disk there's still hope for recovering your files.
If it's completely busted, well then sorry for your loss. Edited by Dats

Hey franki sorry to hear your bad news , are you sure all your files are gone , or can you just not start windows ?

just a suggestion , but before you reformat why don't you try a linux 'live' cd to see if the files are still there - I know there are some nasty virus out there but it's rare to have one that wipes a hard drive .
I assume you have a working pc , because you posted here , download Ubuntu (n00b friendly) here
http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download

burn to cd , then boot your broken pc from the cd - you may have to change 1st boot device in the bios.
Ubuntu will automatically mount your windows partition to a folder , from there you can backup & copy all your files to an external hard drive , then you can reinstall windows & copy your files back over.

This isn't complicated to do & if it saves your pr0n collection it's worth a try ,live cd's have saved my ass more than once.

Hope this can help , I feel your pain man cry.gif

b

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/27176/1141/ Edited by bondurant

thank you very much for your help and for the ""condolences"", oh man i got a backdoor(with rootkitfunction) virus ,that´s ok(movies normally are not infectect),but this virus have also all i mean all files damaged!.So there was no chance to recover anything without a high risk.Fortunately i have saved a lot to Vcd(dvd)before.
So let´s start again

I hope these fucking virus bastards donate a lot of money to my bankaccount laugh.gif laugh.gif

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.