tube8.com SCAM WARNING

asturia

Hi all, just want to make you all aware of a scam/possible error/hack on the tube8.com website. Anytime I go to a tube8 link, or try to search on their site, I get this message:

Your computer (IP: xxx.xx.xx.xxx) generates an attacking DOS requests at our servers caused by the spyware/virus named 'Troj/Rustok-N'

We cannot provide you with an access to our content for browsing purposes as it will lead to the inevitable crush of our website.

We strongly recommend you to run your antivirus edition and, if necessary, check it for the latest updates available.

You may also download recommended software, which has been approved by a number of our surfers who encountered the same problem and used this software to overcome it.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on www.tube8.com

Find more comments on the software at: aumhaphpbb.com

However my computer is clean and is not infected with the spyware/virus that the message indicates. I have been getting this message for roughly 2 months, and cannot view tube8 videos as a result. I can however view all the other tube sites perfectlly (redtube.com etc).

Eventually I downloaded the anti-virus software found in the link. DO NOT DO THIS! It is not legitimate software, it requests your credit card details after you have used it to perform a scan. Even after I deleted and uninstalled the program from my system, it still pops up. Running spybot and my virus protection does not pick it up, and I cannot find it in the program files, it had hidden itself very well. It gives a false threat warning about every 20mins about an attack coming through the internet, even when I am not connected to the internet! I cannot find a way to remove this from my computer! I fear that it has infected me!

Has anyone else been able to view tube8 recently without this?

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.