VHS TO DVD

freya4

Hello Australia - if you were in England you could come round here and I'd show you the two ways I can do it. However, the first way - when I first got this computer the guy added a program called Adobe Premiere 6.0 which has all the software inside here, plus a chunky cable called a 'breakout box' which one end plugs into the back of the VCR and the other has an end which takes 8 different leads, and use that to connect a lead to the computer (then use Premiere to record as the VHS is playing). Then afterwards you'd need in there a DVD writer or burner, but as you only want it to put stuff on this site you wouldn't need that DVD. That's what I got Premiere for - to put my home videos onto the computer to post on the internet; as seen elsewhere on this site, for example.
The other way from VHS to DVD is buy a dual machine like I did. I got it as I hear VHS deteriorates over time, so wanted to preserve my home movies, and put them on DVD as a backup. On the left side you put in your VHS and a blank DVD on the right, then press play VHS and press record DVD. My (English) machine is a Panasonic DMR-EZ47V but there are other machines around.
You could just go to a computer shop and buy a VHS to computer cable, plus get a cheap program to input from that cable I suppose. Hope it helps, anyway.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.