Separate place for playing?

justinfoo

Has anyone ever had a separate small apartment/location for their hobbies and play sessions? 

It's a fantasy I have sometimes, as it'd be nice to have a place where I can have a machine, and not need to clean up and put everything away every time.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like it could be very expensive...unless you live somewhere that has low housing prices, renting or buying a whole second place might be untenable for most people.

All that being said, if money and travel time were of no importance I know exactly what I'd choose as my fuck-pad: the concrete box apartment I lived in many years ago. Long story short, I worked a contract job and needed somewhere absolutely dirt cheap to live until it became a permanent job or I found other permanent work, so I ended up finding a building being rented as apartments that had previously served at various times as college dorm rooms and hotel rooms. The entire footprint of the apartment was maybe 25 feet by 15 feet, and part of that was the bathroom (toilet/shower only) and sink area. No kitchen, concrete walls and floors, shitty little electric space heater for winter, and a commercial-grade metal front door with one window. It didn't even have a mail box...I had to walk three blocks to the post office to pick up anything that wasn't left on the floor in front of the door. It was rather terrible to live in - I slept on a futon, had my computer on a folding table and TV on a nightstand, stored most of my clothes in cloth baskets, and ate fast food two or three nights every week (because cooking with only a toaster, microwave, pizza cooker, and mini fridge was a challenge).

But the bathroom is fully tiled from floor to ceiling, the walls and floors aside from some wood paneling in the sink area are all super easy to keep clean, and there's enough room to put a full (or maybe queen) bed on a simple frame if you don't have any other furniture. I also don't recall ever hearing noises from the next door or downstairs neighbors, and rent would have been only $325 a month if I had signed a long-term lease (it was $375 month-to-month). Other than a complete lack of ambiance, I struggle to think of a better setup for an anus-ruining hideaway.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.