Problems with tail bone

chrisunknown

Hi everyone

I'm capable of inserting 4 inch plugs but only after a 1-2 week break, due to tailbone pain. 

Does anyone else have this problem? It started after i was inserting my 4 inch plug one day, and heard a "crack" from my tail bone. 

If the "crack" didn't cause you a sharp pain, it is just the joints of your tailbone cracking like fingers do. Don't worry and keep widening, hehe (me old perv)

cheers

cb

If the "crack" didn't cause you a sharp pain, it is just the joints of your tailbone cracking like fingers do. Don't worry and keep widening, hehe (me old perv)

cheers

cb

words of wisdom :holiday:

Yep- CB is totally correct. Trust us- if it was your tailbone, you'd know it!

I know its my tailbone. I just asked if anyone else had the same problem. 

My tailbone did cause a sharp pain. But this was 6 month ago now.

So a bit of anatomy and stuff:

The tailbone (coccyx) and the sacrum are composed of a number of segments which are typically fused in MOST adults, however ... "within anatomy, variation is the norm" ...

Regardless of this, the joint between the coccyx and the sacrum is not often fused, and does move. Like any joint it has a capsule and ligaments, which can be injured (sprained). You do not need speed and high amounts of force to sprain a ligament and it is possible you did that (eg. you can sprain your wrist by sleeping on it), it is also possible that you cavitated the joint (the term for the cracking sound) and that your body didn't like what that did structurally or neurologically. 

Did it happen again? Did the pain persist? If not it is probably nothing to worry about. If you were worrying about it, forget going to see a medical doctor. You need to visit a Chiropractor or possibly an Osteopath. Not all Chiro's/Osteos are trained in or have an interest in assessment of the coccygeal joint however so you may have to look around.

2c from someone with 10+ years of tertiary education in A&P

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.