GG Allin

anllover

QUOTE(gninori @ Jan 16 2008, 11:49 AM) [snapback]76070[/snapback]

some explanation more for those not into the know? blink.gif

I will let him explain for himself
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iTEWfEW6DiA

and just browse the "related videos" it is really better than TV

highly suggested is "gg allin terror in america"
This video may not be suitable for minors.

gninori-please reply back with your answer ASAP

smile.gif tongue.gif
is he like ali g? a sort of provocateur artist, real-fake at the same time? i should see more clips with him, but i have now read something from wiki
anyway, i was told, but maybe it's a urban legend, that frank zappa challenged the audience to do something very provocative and he would do better (or worse! ohmy.gif ) and this guy came to stage and relieved himself, indeed, in front of all people. and what zappa did? ate some of that shit! that's genius, folks notworthy.gif cool.gif

Well, if it has to come down to "scumbag or god", I would opt for "scumbag".
Yes, ok, he is an artist who is trying to send out some sort of message, but, I watched "I wanna fuck your brains out" and I am quite sure I could have done "better" in my best days...nothing to do with ol` good Frank Zappa! Frank had 10 times the brains and art as this guy pretends to have. Watched the interview on Jerry Spriger`s as gni suggested...Hihihi, "I have had sex on stage with many women, men, animals and all in the between" , that one was funny as the face of the grannies watching."I use my music as a weapon against the society, the establishment the industry..." that is bullshit, they are only making money (on and with him) and promoting the selfdestruction of idiots which wouldn`t be any good for their purposes (like the stupid chick on the interview with him).
This reveals, once mone, a typical american search (with mainly for commercial purposes) for the extreme, the shoking, the amazing...what ever it takes.

In europe he wouldn`t make a dime.Nowhere out of the states he would, I guess.

My 2 cents, of course,

cheers buddies

cb

well actually he didn't make any money in the USA either laugh.gif and I think you voted right. He really was a scumbag... but you cannot tell me you could have made a better video... sure you could have made a better song - shit my granddaughter at age 7 could have done better with the singing... but I still like GG's style.

Although some of what he said in the Jerry interview was right one. While I do not believe he should be raping people (he enjoys getting his ass beat down also) his point about people should grow stronger after being raped of beat down is really true. Way too many of people after these type events become much more weak and scared. Like I always say you should learn not only from your triumphs but also your failures... you should always take it ALL in and learn. I also agree strongly with his suggestion that parents protect their children too much. Hell society has gotten ride of most of what I grew up with. For example the playground equiptment used to be made of telephone poles and old tires bolted together with sand underneath.... and now it is made of crap painted little poles and plastic and some have the safety rubber underneath them. These new jungle gyms fall apart fast but the ol' telephone pole and tires didn't really fall apart but rather had to be taken down to be replaced. I could go on but it really has been a while since I watched that Springer clip... and damn was he young and his show wasn't the "Jerry Jerry Jerry Jerry Jerry" freak fest is is today. (I agree the chick was stupid as well as naive)

Much of his music sucks beyond the wild vile lyrics that you really don't hear often and much of the band and he were smashed on booze and drugs almost all the time so of course not much skill is present. He did however play with a band called anti-seen and they are a pretty good band.

But you have to remember the old punk bands were out to have fun and play hard music. The audience was not really sober so you did not need to get that technical... just say and do what the over protected rebellious kids wanted and it's a party.

Thanks for a great reply CB -it is always a pleasure to read you. Intelligent and well read. BTW GG is dead
IPB Image
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif long die the god of scumbags notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

well, that's the punk manifesto, little attention to music, even less or none to lyrics, just showing off the rebellious soul, maybe without a cause, or maybe yes, as in the desertified, impoverished, enraged england of 70s

is this him, then?
http://www.efukt.com/286_GG's_Birthday.html

first time i saw this clip at efukt i didnt know he was what he was ohmy.gif
http://www.efukt.com/246_GG_Allin_Fight.html Edited by gninori

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.