THE DARK KNIGHT

z3n0mal4

Last night i got to see the new Batman movie , and i must say it's one of the best action/hero movies i ever saw . Not due to big publicity , not due to the death of Heath Ledger , but because it really is mindblowing . Best of 2008 for sure , and i don't know what more to say except that you should go and see this movie .

Edited by z3n0mal4

• 2 weeks later...
The Dark Knight is a very good movie. Even if you aren't normally a fan of Batman the film is worth seeing.

The film is mature and features some complex characterizations. It also analyzes the whole super hero ideology.

Batman/Bruce Wayne is a man who has dedicated his life to fighting crime in Gotham city. He is a typical hero with a code of ethics that helps him in his crusade. The trouble is his moral code makes him predictable and he is going up against the joker, a criminal who is his polar opposite. A man who is capable of anything, a man who is completely amoral. The Joker has the advantage, he is not limited by rules, morals or any human empathy, he is a monster.

Fight not with monsters lest you become a monster yourself.

Heath Ledger's performance is so good that was I on the edge of my seat in the cinema. His Joker is insane and you never know what he is going to do next. He is both frightening and funny at times.

The film also has a good opening scene and an even better closing scene with a monologue by Gary Oldman's character Jim Gordon.

As a fan of some of the darker Batman stories like the Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One I was really pleased with the movie. I went to see it with my aunt who isn't a fan of the character but she loved the film. It has action, drama, depth but it's very different from the Tim Burton style Batman films.

My film of the year so far? Definitely.

• 9 months later...
I totally agree, the best "batmovie" ever made. And, as for me, the best interpretation of the Joker, by far. I'm not a big fan of Batman, but it's a movie on its own, you can appreciate it without having seen all the others. A relly great movie.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.