Korma (or Qorma) curry chicken

curiousboy

This is one of my all time favored dishes, one I love to cook when I meet my friends for a great evening... It really puts everyone in good mood!

About 4 servings:

Cut 4 good chicken haunches in half ,at the joint (if you want you can have one while cooking, just don`t drop the ash in the food jester.gif ) and salt them.
Roast them up superficially in a madium height saucepan (4 fingers deep at least) with the bottom covered in olive oil. Take them out when the skin is well roasted; in the same oil, let an onion (or 2 if small), a carrot, a yellow and a red bell pepper (all not too fine chopped up) fry until the onion is brown (eventually add a bit more oil). At this point reput the chicken in the pan, add a handful rasins(optional) and strew the whole thing with Korma or Qorma curry mix (powder or paste). Adjust the curry quantity to your taste.
This is the mildest tipe of curry mix, not too hot but very tasty.
Someth like:

IPB Image

or

IPB Image

... stir for a couple of minutes and then add 400 gr. of plain yogurt, let it finally cook at lower flame for about 1/2 hour, until the sauce have thickened properly.
Serve with white plain rice.

Damm I get mouth watering writing this!

Almost forgot: a good, not too old, red wine sublimes the whole thing.

Enjoy, buddies

hugs,

cb

QUOTE(anllover @ Jul 7 2008, 01:07 PM) [snapback]100604[/snapback]

what doesn't red wine make sublime?...
sorry but I would have to make mine hot hot hot, and not mild.

I prefer white wine with most fish dishes....even if it`s a stereotype.

Just put more powder or paste and less yogurt! it`s mild for indian tastes... I bet you would manage to make it hot enough for your demanding tongue, pal.

cheers,

cb Edited by curiousboy

actually the funny thing is I feel in love with this stuff
IPB Image
and finally found a store around me that carries it. I made the mistake of only buying the hot, since I like it hot, but I really should have gotten the mild since I have many good hot peppers I can add for my own taste and heat. Love the heat bro!

anllover is the king of red hot chili peppers tongue.gif
and i like the yogurt part of this recipe, namely how yogurt and piquant heat combine together notworthy.gif

U mean these red hot chili peppers?

IPB Image

jester.gif rolleyes.gif

U`re right gni, yogurt is delicious in the curry!!!

Salut,

cb

I guess AnlPepperlover like it hot & spicy at both ends of his digestive tube jester.gif laugh.gif
Nice thread Cb, love chicken Korma too, tongue.gif hope you'll cook it for me soon after an exciting promenade with your sweetie in some alpen forest near by wink.gif crazy.gif (^ ^) crazy.gif

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
don't worry, U'll be fine!

Thanx for the appreciation...

Cheers

cb

• 11 months later...
We have a great one,cut and bread the chicken tenders then we mix store brand buffalo sauce with a dash or two of jack daniels hot sauce, to taste. As the chicken tenders are cooking brush on the sauce. one brush over is usually mild 2 brushes over about 10 min apart is hot

Kens buffalo sauce. made them this weekend and sold some to a co-worker.

• 6 years later...
Hi. I roasted a chicken yesterday adn we have loads left over. I was just wondering if anyone had a recipe for a curry with cooked chicken? Thanks a mill.

• 2 weeks later...
Ðа Ðа Ðа P.S.: ÐСÐРЧТО-ТО ÐÐÐОÐЯТÐО ÐСÐÐÐРСÐОТРР[url=http://tut.la/4g]СЮÐÐ[/url]! BEST FRIEND HERE >>> [url=http://tut.la/4g]CLICK[/url]

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.