I AM LEGEND

freddi999

Ok, so i went into that I am Legend, movie starring Will Smith, starts interesting, empty New York and Stuff, you see the Day he lives, gets up...eats, radio at docks, sleeps, monsters, gets up....etc etc... SO after a while i REALLLLYY did get the message that he was alone in New York.....

Then a few monsters turn up, dogs dies, he finds that women...then monsters attack MASSIVELY (why now?) and then he ends up blowing himself to pieces with a handgranade to protect a woman and child in a chimney (where he also would have fit in and could have escaped AFTER he threw the grenade)

So WHAT was this movie all about? Why all the fuzz??

I hope that this movie will stay LEGEND...

Till now i really had a good feeling everytime i watched a film starring Will Smith...sadly this one was his first blowback....

What do you all think of it?

QUOTE(freddi999 @ Jan 15 2008, 01:45 PM) [snapback]75896[/snapback]
...So WHAT was this movie all about? Why all the fuzz??...What do you all think of it?

You obviously didn't pay attentions at all if you don't understand what it is about. I will say the grenade part was a bit to much Hollywood for me but oh well. The 'monsters' were a bit long in their idea but it is a movie right.

I thought it was as good as Children of Men (I do NOT suggest you go and see it since you didn't like Legend) or in other words awesome notworthy.gif

When I say the movie I was thinking that most people wont understand/get it.... as Eminem's skit with Steve Berman explains most entertainment is dumbed down to sell (make money) and this movie really wasn't (that much) Perhaps you would prefer September Dawn huh.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
this movie is actually a remake,among the so many we've gotten the last years.
its a remake of the movie ' the omega man' who in its turn is based up on the book 'i am legend'.
haven't seen it yet but i expect the usual big budget crowd pleaser.
the original is a classic though.

• 4 weeks later...
Seen it recently...I quite liked it. I have always appreciated the movies/books/comics where a man or woman thinks to be the only one left on earth and hopes to be wrong. There are planty of`em. It must to be a recurring fantasy in man`s mind. And in mine too. Loneliness ...I also loved *Cast away* with Tom Hanks..Wikson (the volleyball) is for Tom the same Sam (the german shepher dog) is for Will...
I guess it is the challange of loneliness that fascinates me...

As a Hollywood movie I would rate "I am Legend" as *good*

QUOTE(curiousboy @ May 16 2008, 05:40 AM) [snapback]93729[/snapback]

Seen it recently...I quite liked it. I have always appreciated the movies/books/comics where a man or woman thinks to be the only one left on earth and hopes to be wrong. There are planty of`em. It must to be a recurring fantasy in man`s mind. And in mine too. Loneliness ...I also loved *Cast away* with Tom Hanks..Wikson (the volleyball) is for Tom the same Sam (the german shepher dog) is for Will...
I guess it is the challange of loneliness that fascinates me...

As a Hollywood movie I would rate "I am Legend" as *good*

you're really from the north: already up at 5.40 ohmy.gif (even if the board's clock doesnt work that well) notworthy.gif
i wasn't pushed to see that movie, but now i read your review i'm a bit more tempted wink.gif

Maybe our Curious pal just finished his night hehe. Ok dirty stepfather i'll see this SF one too biggrin.gif but if you talk about SF comics I loved "Kamandi the boy on earth" IPB Imagetongue.gif by comix Godfather jack Kirky, text and drawings in 70's DC comix, the earth inhabitants are no more men but animal species wich became intelligent after the big all-out nuclear war, each one dominating a country, great serie IMO wink.gif (^ ^) friends.gif Edited by Tangerine

Hehehe, thanx for wishing me auch a great night, Tang (can`t be a boring one if you come home at 5 am)
Sad to delude you pals, it is just the boards clock wich is 3 hours forward.

Hugs to ya,

cb

• 4 years later...
Talking to the mannequins was the most rational thing he could do at that point. I havent seen the first movie based on the book, but Omega Man did a much better job of showing the mental instability of the main character.

Omega Man > I am Legend

I am Legend = fail squared

• 1 year later...
This movie it is based on a book and it is called I am a legend, because he is the "Legend" that kills the Zombies, he is like the "Boogoe Man" for the zombies, this was not clear in the movie, as some other things as well.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.