Is this identity theft?

kgnot

Hey guys, I think I need a little help on this. So basically while browsing for BDSM stories on the net I stumbled upon multiple sites that have my stories under my account. 

I can show you one such site : http://bangfiction.com/12514_the-bdsm-club ; https://www.adoida.com/author/kgnot . Anyway I did not pay attention to these until I decided to register at one such site to edit or add my story. It turned out my account name is already taken and no email of mine would give the name back. Originally I never registered at these sites. I think some of the authors here might have the same experience, is this a identity theft? What is going on with these sites copying stories from the net?

No its not. The Web is a big wide beast. You cannot reserve a user name worldwide especially given it is not your legal name. You could ask the site administration to consider your case but it's ultimately up to them. If you believe you have a copyright claim you can issue a take down notice under the DMCA, but a username alone is not sufficient argument. 

Edited by spank__
Spelling

The stories are mine and i wish to at least have access to edit or post new one with same username apparently or else who will know it was me?

So you think in this case I can claim a copyright. I hate to do it but i feel like these sites are  to no good. After all straigh forwards they steal stories of others like myself and give no chance for acess to the authors even...Or credit for that regard. 

Whatever is necessary i can provide after all i have written them. I have the account and the dates and so on

You didn't read the terms you agree'd to when you signed up for those websites. They are probably longer and more encompassing now. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.