Coconut oil on PVC toy

vanderbilt

Hello, 

Can you help me with the following question?

Is it safe to use the Doc Johnson plug with coconut oil: I'm talking about THIS PLUG.

EDIT: I usually use my toys for 3 of 4 weeks. Than I throw them away.

Help is highly appreciated

Edited by vanderbilt

yeah its safe. but i had that exact same toy and it melted and the solidified into some deformed hard and smooth blob because it was stored with my other toys. i think only the 2 silicone toys together make for the reaction. also petroleum products are bad. coconut oil is natural and fine to use

also - your money not my business, but 3-4 weeks is so short. i keep mine for like 1 year before they begin to wear and tear. My doc johnson large plug began to permanently stay the shape of the inside of my ass, after wearing 1-2 hours a day :P

I had a post here a while back (before I lost my PW and had to create a new account) talking about how and why certain materials and certain lubes are incompatible. It all comes down to what plastics are used to make each kind of toy...there's a lot of polymer science behind it, and it sounds complicated but it's not that bad:

-Silicone toys are incompatible with silicone-based lubricants.

-Latex toys are incompatible with oil-based lubricants (including coconut oil, vegetable shortening, lard, vegetable/olive oil, butter, etc.).

If you start to dissolve the toy with lube, it is conceivable that some of the other things in the toy - plasticizers, possibly filler materials - can leach out into your body. The concentrations won't be high and unless your body is particularly sensitive you should be fine, but the old rule applies: if you're not willing to put it in your mouth, would you really be willing to put it in any other hole? Some people are very particular and refuse to use, say, a toy made out of the "jelly" material because those tend to leak more plasticizers than other materials even if you don't expose the toy to the wrong kind of lube. I myself tend to stick with silicone or vinyl rubber and use water-based lube, although I have a jelly double dildo for when I want to do depth play...

Of course, the bigger practical concern with using the wrong lube is that you've melted your toy...which is fun for nobody. That is also why you shouldn't just worry about mixing the wrong lube with the wrong toy, but also be cognizant of how you store your toys (such as what happened to Mr. bliindsided). Sometimes the leakage of plasticizers from one will get on another and cause it to dissolve...that's how I lost a couple of my older plugs, because I was storing them in a smallish box together and didn't give them space (or use something as a barrier). Toys can get expensive, and if you clean them and take care of them they should last much longer than 3-4 weeks - especially if you bought a quality product in the first place.

very informative post thank you. I did not know all of what you said. but i did know that doc johnson plug was safe for me with Crisco, which is basically just oil/fat. I have not heard of any toy being incompatible iwth coconut oil though. that seems to be the favorite lube of many. I could be wrong, just speaking from personal experience

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.