SometimesIhope

Why is no one talking about this forum being hacked?

13 posts in this topic

I start contact with autor but I think is another "lets make money spreading fake news" post. I tested few acceses and they display nothing.

I don't think it is a fake. https://haveibeenpwned.com/ confirmed that my email address is among the published data and I don't use this particular address publicly.

I haven't done any checks but apparently there are sites that are creating users based on the users of RBB. For instance, at the top of this page there is my Profile ID across the top. http://georgiafilmpark.net/lingerie-girls/139442-amy-ried-penthouse-playmate-beauty.html

The link to the profile which is on another site is http://10qs.net/index.php?s=6f936c1d7d01e46eabc8f9bbe09f53cc&showuser=101123 which shows that it's not valid, but there is no coincidence that the "showuser" ID number in that URL is the same "showuser" ID number for my profile here on RBB. I did not post the Amy Reid pics on the Georgia site but they have stolen my profile info and used the information similar to a stolen identity. She is hot, nonetheless :)

After looking further, I stopped at page 4 of the search. There are a ton of sites using my info. No wonder my profile went over 10,000 hits :)

- guy say about few gov mails -> we have ONE not few

- guy say that even bbc speak about -> but not bbc.co.uk but bbc.com.uk

- I tested some acceses on his other site what suppouse to appear what xrrat mention and also nothing.

- all articles appear in almost same time what is a big mark for fake content

I send messages to this ppl and son we see what is true. In my opinion is absolute scam and what more is real email drainer but ofcourse I can mistake

indeed he writes amny articles about forums hacked: fling, 17 etc...

Hey xthorgal, thanks for the update, maybe you should send an E-Mail to all user with your gathered information, as it is possibly a big problem to some and the way it looks you are right, I also am not compromised, that with your information about the A-Mail adresses gives me a little security, nonetheless should you update the software.

First I do upadte (but is not easy since my IT guy go away temporary - kids stuff - and I need him for backup) then I ask all one to chance passwords. 

it was definitely hacked. that guy is not a scammer, he is very well known for reporting hacks and encouraging security. the responsible thing to do is to update board, delete your ip tables (why were you saving our ip addresses in the first place?!), notify everyone, and then reset passwords

Edited by Ki9823

The true about Troy is complicated. Some ppl who are in hacking scene and I have limitied but any contact with them say that he is involved in some things. It was their words and I have no 100% if is true or not. They say that his project when You can test Your mail is to just grab real ppl mail for future resale but as I say is also what they say. So it looks that this guy works on both ends.

Anyway since this things with him happend some one who is good fairy of our board contact with Troy and then data seller and when he try to legally push them to anything he was simply ignored. This is not bahave of "good guy" who jsut want to help.

Finally: This is all one big "for money thing". It can be even ordered actions but this guy to jsut catch more visitors. Lots of sites spread with info... lots of sites with payed adverts :-)

Anyway I advice all to change password and thats all I can do with troy case.