file testers?

rosebuttninja

I recently downloaded a WMV file that has some skips in the middle. The file is from the legitimate site of origin, not a repost for download. In the middle of the file, it skips from 12min to 15min. I downloaded it twice with the exact same errors so I know it's not a bad connection causing the errors. I'm going to write the site and explain the problem to them.

I was wondering if any of you know of a reliable file tester that can check video files for dropped frames and missing data? Edited by Rosebutt Ninja

Now that you mention it, I may have that program. After further trials, I've found that some programs find the missing frames but VLC skips as I mentioned. Most files play flawless from the VLC but a few have some kinks (pun intended) It's unclear what is wrong with the file, I will try ASFtools next. Edited by Rosebutt Ninja

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.